What's new

I Love Kava Friday Lockdown Friday

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
...and just like that, it was Friday again.

I hope you're staying well out there. Many cities are having very difficult times right now. Tonight's shell is for those suffering directly and to those who have lost loved ones in this pandemic. Let's have our next shell for those in Vanuatu suffering from the direct hit from Cyclone Harold.

Keep on locking down, kava lovers.

Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Everyday feels like Sunday around here. On a positive note, the local gov. started ripping up and laying down new asphalt to some much needed roads.

Stocky007

Kava Curious
Whew - what a week...what a month...what a year? :confused:

Definitely looking forward to chilling out tonight...do hope everyone has a great one!

Here's to the weekend! ::chugger::

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Tonight's shell is for those suffering directly and to those who have lost loved ones in this pandemic. Let's have our next shell for those in Vanuatu suffering from the direct hit from Cyclone Harold.
Bula to that! We have it pretty easy here in Vancouver compared to many areas, which is hard to keep perspective on when the weather is beautiful and I just cant go to the beach...
Have some daytime kava going now and it's a perfect way to calm my stresses of the day.
::happyshell::

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
So I've been brewing up kava in the same room almost every night for many, many years and I've noticed that in the hour or two after I mix a batch there's an earthy, dusty, somewhat smokey kava scent lingering in the air. It's especially apparent when you leave the room and then come back to it. In the last couple days though, I've been smelling it somewhat obviously all day long.

It's not just that I happen to be home to smell it now, since the coronavirus took my job away, it really was never like this before on days that I was home. I also have recently installed new carpet and have had no major spills and I haven't changed any of my prep. or storage habits recently.

I can't figure out why the scent is suddenly lingering all day...anyone got any ideas?

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Bula! Just got ordered to do 14 day quarantine myself. So no work for 14 days. Going to be rough but it could ALWAYS be worse. Grateful to be alive drawing in fresh air. Much love all

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
So I've been brewing up kava in the same room almost every night for many, many years and I've noticed that in the hour or two after I mix a batch there's an earthy, dusty, somewhat smokey kava scent lingering in the air. It's especially apparent when you leave the room and then come back to it. In the last couple days though, I've been smelling it somewhat obviously all day long.

It's not just that I happen to be home to smell it now, since the coronavirus took my job away, it really was never like this before on days that I was home. I also have recently installed new carpet and have had no major spills and I haven't changed any of my prep. or storage habits recently.

I can't figure out why the scent is suddenly lingering all day...anyone got any ideas?
Long shot but whenever i open my bag theres that kava dust that rises into the air as you unseal. It leaves a smell for me but its only momentarily and passes.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Bula! Just got ordered to do 14 day quarantine myself. So no work for 14 days. Going to be rough but it could ALWAYS be worse. Grateful to be alive drawing in fresh air. Much love all
We are going on 30+ days here...It could always be worst. Bula all!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!

Surely you aren't spending all day in quarantine prepping and drinking mystery waka.. ::chugger::