What's new

Long acting vs. short acting Kava's

kl.Klyde

Kava Curious
I"ve noticed that the duration of effect from one Kava to  the next is more drastic than I thought.... So in that light I was wonderring what you guys have found to be the longer acting and shorter acting varieties from N@H...... In particular the information I'm after now is which Kava's will wear off before work the next day in taken at the prior night. Thus far I've found that: WoW! Stone, and Solomons definately last a bit too long for my taste (but the effect is lovely) and I'm currently trying out instants as it seems the Fire Island fits the bill nicely for a weeknight.... Anyhoo, any experience you guys could offer is appreciated :)

kl.Klyde

Kava Curious
Actually let me amend something.... Solomons doesn't last uncomfortably long, it simply keeps me up too late--haha!

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I don't know how to respond to this. I have varying experience on varying sessions. It's true that a lot of PNG or Tuday Kavas can give you a two-day krunk. At the same time, I have also krunked on PNG Kavas and felt completely kava-free the next day. There seem to be a lot of variables involved.

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
That is a tough one. I think it has more to with how strong you make it and how much you consume although this week I've been drinking hawaiian kava's (pana'ewa) in the evening and I don't seem to be as tired the next day as I do with Stone, Solomons, or Tongan

kl.Klyde

Kava Curious
Yes, stone really wipes me out the following day.... contending with that right now to be honest....... Maybe this post would have been more appropriate in the "Kava Lounge" inquiring as to the different grades of Kava and what it is they mean in respect to efficacy. I brought the subject here because Nakamal at Home's products represent roughly about 2/3's of the Kava's I've tried and pretty much the only Kava's I now routinely consume.

kl.EthnoPharm

Kava Curious
Hopefully this isn't too late, but yes, @Klyde, Solomon def keeps me awake as well! Haha, I have to work in 5 hours, but I'm not stressing about it or I'll end up drinking whats left in my fridge haha