What's new

look who joined me for a shell of fresh kava in Port Vila

nj valid

Kava & Web Design
I think the plane ticket is the most expensive part for most of us, if you live in the States it's well over $1k. The cost of living there is very low and if you're chilling out in nature and drinking kava I can't imagine you'll rack up a huge bill.
Cool I want to take a vacation, just out of curiosity how many people here have visited or live in the region?

D

Deactivated Account

I can't imagine you'll rack up a huge bill.
The mammas in the food market will serve you up a coconut crab curry, braised beef casserole or chicken & rice curry for about $4 that you wont be able to finish & a shell of kava is $1.

About as good as life gets.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Bad day at the port vila nakamals. I went to a few of the most reputable places and they all had "leftover", sour and acidic kava. In general, I would say that while a good shell of fresh kava is a great experience, there are lots of questionable kava businesses here (some kava shops in port vila sell K***** now and I overheard a kava seller recommending using a bit of wild kava leaves to increase potency of regular kava!) and many nakamals do not seem too concerned about the quality of their products. I will write more about it in a separate post, but generally speaking the urban kava culture here isn't necessarily "amazing". While I do like fresh kava and I have had a great time here (Vanuatu is great, even for non kava drinkers), I also look forward to drinking my @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava when I get back to New Zealand
This makes me sad to hear, I imagined the Kava to be amazing in Vila. Time to head off the beaten track and hit some of the Kastom Villages Henry, I bet the Brew is good there. Maybe there is space to open an amazing Nakamal in paradise, anyone want to draw up a business plan.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Yep
1/ marry a nivan girl (license immediately sorted)
2/ buy 15 sheets of roofing iron, a 50lt bucket & 4 timber poles
3/Get Some decent Brew!!!! they'll come from miles around
4/Ill ask my wife if she minds if I marry a nivan girl ( sure she'll understand)