What's new

Looking for a Kava strain for me

infraredz

BULA!
I've only ever had Stone and have started to want to venture out to other strains and BKH has gotten my attention.

1. I'm looking for a nice, relaxing Kava (but not something crazy like a Tudei) that will help me relax with some music and try to zone out the pain I've got. I've heard Fu'u is 'heady' but I've never had that sort of Kava so I don't know how that 'feels' or the expected effects from that kind of Kava. I did hear it's got some nice aural enhancement which is always nice as I love music. 

2. I'm a little confused about the difference between Nambawan and Fu'u. 

=1em3. Now I'm also hearing good things about Nambawan but can't tell exactly how it compares to Fu'u and if it would fit the bill for what I'm looking for. 

So confused.../domain/bypass/images/bored.gif Any input? I'm so utterly confused, sorry.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
They're all good! Fu'u is out of stock, but Melo Melo feels similar to me. Nambawan and Koniak may be a little much for you. Borogu is always a good choice; It's Vanuatu's most popular kava, and they know their kava.

infraredz

BULA!
Judd said:
They're all good! Fu'u is out of stock, but Melo Melo feels similar to me. Nambawan and Koniak may be a little much for you. Borogu is always a good choice; It's Vanuatu's most popular kava, and they know their kava.
I might have gotten the last of the Fu'u stock then! 

Anyways, what do you mean about Nambawan and Koniak being a little too much for me? I'm confused as you know, but I've always heard Stone is a pretty potent strain so do you mean in terms of their effects? If so, could you kind of describe them since I might want to try them out one day? 

I've been drinking Kava now for several months so I wouldn't say I'm new to it by any means...

Thanks!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Just sounded like you didn't want an overly potent kava. Nambawan and Koniak are very potent. The descriptions at bulakavahouse.com were written by me. If you like potent kavas, they are very nice.

infraredz

BULA!
Just wanted to put out a good word about the Fu'u. I might have not prepared enough root (7 tablespoons), or done the preparation incorrectly (after blending/straining I drank the liquid rather than putting it back in the blender for a 2nd 'pull') but I didn't experience anything overly powerful which is good.

That being said, this is a great tasting Kava, and I REALLY like how finely it's ground.

I actually was able to talk to Judd this evening which was a really positive thing too. Having that personal interaction with a guy that makes Kava as a part of his life is cool just on its own, but especially for help! Thanks!

On a different note, I'm curious to try other BKH Kavas. What is the Nambawan like compared to Fu'u?

Thanks again everyone!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
7 tablespoons is a pretty solid dose of kava.

Nambawan is extremely potent compared to Fu'u. It has a pretty heavy buzz to it IMO.

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah, that sort of dose was only after I tried out my normal 5 tablespoons. I found 7 tbs to be a good resting point.

How would you compare the Nambawan and Fu'u in terms of effects? (ie. I heard Fu'u is more 'heady' although I still don't quite understand/feel that vs Stone which is heavy on the body, relaxing, sleep inducing, etc)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Nambawan is very, very potent. It's one of the few kava experiences I would describe as "intoxicating" at least in my normal serving of kava which is like 4-5 tbsps. It's in its own league.