What's new

Looking for a Kava strain for me

infraredz

BULA!
I usually have been using N@H Stone and it works wonderfully for sedation/anxiety relief. I am looking to try another Kava, and was wondering if someone could compare Boroguru or Borogu (spelling?) to Stone. 

I'm looking for a more pain killing effect, but want to stay away from Tudei type strains because of sensitive stomach issues. (FWIW, Stone never gives me problems). 

Also, if anyone could recommend a 'heady' type Kava that is not so stimulating (more relaxing), but still heady in terms of audio enhancement. Stone seems to give me some of this hyper awareness and appreciation for music and I'm wondering if there's a different strain to try that's relaxing, pain killing and 'heady' in those ways.

thanks everyone!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Have you tried tudei before? I would highly recommend you get a small order of Koniak and try it out. Unlike the other tudei I've tried (Kava by Rex) it does not cause me intestinal distress. It's also pound for pound the most muscle-relaxing kava I've ever had. I don't have a very sensitive stomach though so YMMV.

Boroguru would be a good choice as well..it's similar to but not as potent as stone.

Heady kava: Fu'u is a great one.

I recommend hitting up Bula Kava House and trying out the aforementioned kavas. Also try blending them together to achieve the specific effect you are looking for.

infraredz

BULA!
kavadude said:
Have you tried tudei before? I would highly recommend you get a small order of Koniak and try it out. Unlike the other tudei I've tried (Kava by Rex) it does not cause me intestinal distress. It's also pound for pound the most muscle-relaxing kava I've ever had. I don't have a very sensitive stomach though so YMMV.

Boroguru would be a good choice as well..it's similar to but not as potent as stone.

Heady kava: Fu'u is a great one.

I recommend hitting up Bula Kava House and trying out the aforementioned kavas. Also try blending them together to achieve the specific effect you are looking for.

Haven't tried tudei before since I've heard some 'bad' reports (ie. lasting too long, hangover, intenstinal upset, etc). 

So Boroguru is similar to Stone just less potent? 

What exactly does a 'heady' kava like Fu'u feel like?

Basically, I'm looking for a relaxing Kava that can allow me to chill out, enjoy some music and try to forget about the pain I'm in.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
(1) I recommend trying Koniak, don't let tudei's bad rep scare you off. Worst case scenario, you don't like it.

(2) They are similar. Boroguru is not as strong, but is cheaper. They're both DHM sedating type kavas.

infraredz

BULA!
kavadude said:
(1) I recommend trying Koniak, don't let tudei's bad rep scare you off. Worst case scenario, you don't like it.

(2) They are similar. Boroguru is not as strong, but is cheaper. They're both DHM sedating type kavas.
Okay cool, thanks for that!

How would you describe the experience of something like Fu'u? I've never had anything but Stone...

infraredz

BULA!
Now I'm also hearing good things about Nambawan but can't tell exactly how it compares to Fu'u and if it would fit the bill for what I'm looking for.

Any input? I'm so utterly confused, sorry.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Can't go wrong with Bula Kava House in my personal opinion. How much money are you looking to spend? I would say Koniak fits the relaxation/pain relief bill the best personally, but the only way to know for sure is to try for yourself.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Koniak sounds like its just why you're looking for. I actually don't think it is a tudei, I'm pretty sure it's just a heavier noble strain. It also gives me good audio enhancement. I personally not it more than nambawan

infraredz

BULA!
I'm kinda trying a 'test' so I'm looking for a quarter to half kilo. The prices at BKH are substantially lower it seems than N@H but then again, Boroguru for instance, is less potent than the similar Stone so maybe it ends up being equal in the end.

I haven't really heard of Koniak. What is is like in terms of heady vs body (which I associate with Stone)?

What is your overall comparison or experience with Koniak?

thanks again

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Koniak starts off with a heady almost intoxicating feeling before fading relatively quickly into pleasant muscle relaxation and mild sedation.

If you are only going to order a quarter kilo, get Koniak.

infraredz

BULA!
Wow that sounds pretty good. Exactly what I'm looking for.

I called up BKH and they recommended Fu'u for my particular desires. It's crazy the variety that's out there. I guess I just need to try them all out to figure out the right one for me.

I'll look into Koniak too. As long as it's not a tudei...? I've heard it's potent for sure, but I'm kinda curious; is it like a start of something heady like Fu'u then goes into something sedating like Stone?

infraredz

BULA!
Based on what I read of Koniak, I decided to try Fu'u as it seems to be more 'opposite' (body vs head) than my normal Stone.

I'm looking forward to it arriving. I usually use about 5 tablespoons of the Stone. Given that, how much Fu'u should I use?

Also, any tips, experiences or advice about blending Stone and Fu'u? Ratios, etc.

Thnaks!