What's new

Looks like Kava Europe are up and running after Christmas, aaaand

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Well, it would severely effect people ordering from outside the uk because customs check would probably be implemented.
I do not see widespread legalisaton on the horizon. It might become legal once again as a medicine in germany. Pharmaceutical companies are anticipating this and starting to stockpile kava, no? This means higher prices and more risk importing it probably.

Mr G

Kava Curious
I've heard nothing about stockpiling, but it is a possibility. Movement seems to be very slow on the whole thing.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, the problem seems to be Vanuatu still rebuilding their crop and prices skyrocketing, making it unfeasable to sell to europe at the moment. When and if MM will be in stock again is unclear. The other vanuatian Kavas are still in stock, but they all lean on the more "upper" end of the spectrum, which is a pitty if you need a calming Kava in Europe.

Let's hope that in a few months time, there will be more Kavas available again. It seems GKE is fighting an uphill battle here. Not only the legal problems but also the Kava Shortage are apparantly putting a drain on their ressources.

In the meantime i'm pondering the possibility to order from outside of europe, but prices seem to go up elswhere too. Vanuatu kava store for instance sells MM for around 120$ now. Roughly inceased their prices by 30$/KG

It's getting harder and harder for Europeans to buy reasonably priced kava at a low risk.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I might have resort to importing from the US, but not too keen on having to pay hundreds of € as a fine.
The main problem is, that all remaining kavas at GKE are high kavain kavas. I don't know when it happened but these kavas seem to be incredibly popular. To me though, a Kava such as MM is needed for deep anxiolysis. Nothing gainst Kaolik for instance...i love it...but it does not have the deep relaxing properties MM has.

I've taken access to Kava for granted and now i have even developed an alcohol tolerance which has never happened before.

But i also didn't know that relaxation is in some cases...of utmost importance.

Mr G

Kava Curious
I've been in correspondance with the guys/guy about this stock problem. Looks like they managed to get quick powder in again, cos it's available in 250 g again, but they're saying MM could be a month or so. Trying to get it at a decent price it seems, tbh, with the price increases as they are, I'm not sure how they'll get on.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Trying to get it at a decent price it seems, tbh, with the price increases as they are, I'm not sure how they'll get on.
Yes. 1KG MM costs 119$ at Vanuatukavastore, that's around 105€. That's a 30€ price increase. Now i assume that GKE accepts a lower profit margin than VKS since they have shipping included (which adds at least another 20€ to the bill per order). So a price increase to 120€/kg could mean operating at break even or a loss, but increasing the sales price to 160€+ would translate to no sales...

But good to hear they're still working on re-stocking MM.
Just wondering if they can solve the situation...i mean, how long go freshly planted kava roots take to grow before they can be harvested? This situation could go on or many years, making Kava inaccessible to european customers who are risk-adverse.

Mr G

Kava Curious
I don't know man. Price increases and scarcity, added to the already high risk factor... not looking good.

wassie

Chris Wass
Any idea if GKE will be restocking the Fijian Kava's? I missed out on the last batch and all but one of the three strains are out of stock now :/
Would it not be more cost effective for GKE to stock the Fijian varieties if there's sourcing stock issues with the Vanuatu varieties? Sorry if I've said something stupid I just presumed both the Vanuatu varieties and the Fijian varieties would be sourced from different vendors.

All the Best
Chris :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wassie

Chris Wass
Is the Taveuni any good? If you've tried it that is as it's the only one left in stock.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I didn't get on with it at all. One night I had about 16 tablespoons and still didn't get much out of it except feeling vaguely relaxed. Same with the savu savu.

wassie

Chris Wass
Thanks for the feedback dude will be one I stay away from then! Really hoping they restock them I'd really love to see an reappearance of the Hawaiian Kava's that were stocked once way back when too.
If there's a problem with sourcing the Vanuatu varieties as of late due to issues with stock and increased prices etc I wondered if those same problems apply to the Fijian and Hawaiian varieties because if that wasn't the case I'd rather have access to bigger bulk quantities of these strains instead if they didn't present the same stocking and pricing issues.
Not that I mind paying slightly higher prices as long as it keeps the GKE alive and running :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Agreed on that, I'd much rather be getting the GHK kavas they used to sell. I do like Pentecost Pride though and the Koro Island is the nicest kava I have ever had.

wassie

Chris Wass
I'm yet to try Pentecost Pride I've always avoided it to the fact that most people say it's rather weak in comparison to the others but in all honesty I was going to buy it this time round! Was going to be 1000g of it however I was worried about committing to a such a large order and being disappointed with its effects.

Any chance you can give me a brief description? I use Kava's primarily for the Anxiolytic effect I don't care much for getting krunked as such but more so relaxed and a little or a lot of sedation is also more of my flavour if Pentecost Pride ticks any of these boxes I'll definitely go for that! :)

But yeah I'd absolutely see a return of the GHK and stock being replenished of the Fijian Varieties especially this Koro Island as because you speak so highly of it I'd really love to try it out!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Pentecost Pride is a borogu as good as the one from kalm with kava. I don't know what kava everyone else got sent and I think it must have changed in the last few years as new batches came along because I get really good euphoria from it. It's not as sedating as some kavas but it's a really nice, clean, noble, balanced kava and I sleep well enough on it. It's one of the kavas I always want to have in my cupboard.

wassie

Chris Wass
Thank you for sharing your opinion on Pentecost Pride you should do some Reviews dude or if you've already done some in the past do some updated ones because it's safe to say I managed to get a clear image of what effects to expect from your description, I've now put in a order for it so I can try it myself :)

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Two bad news:

1. Fiji Kavas won't be re-stocked according to GKE
2. The newest Pentecost Pride batch is markedly weaker than the previous one. I'd say by 30-40%. Hard to get a crunk on with 1 cup/30g now.
Also seems to be a bit more sedating, but maybe the kavain simply does not overpower the more sedating compounds anymore because it's lost potency.

I wonder if thir supplier in Vanuatu is harvesting root too early because of the increased demand.

I see a bleak future ahead. :(

wassie

Chris Wass
Yeah that is bad news indeed would have really liked to see the return of the Fijian Kava's or the Hawaiian Kava's for that matter.

Also I'm extremely wounded about the patency drop with the Pentecost Pride as I literally put a order in for 1kg of it yesterday so I'm not really impressed as I'll have to burn through my order a lot quicker to get desired results :/

Not good news for me at all, but thank you for keeping us informed and up to date with what the future holds for GKE.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah that is bad news indeed would have really liked to see the return of the Fijian Kava's or the Hawaiian Kava's for that matter.

Also I'm extremely wounded about the patency drop with the Pentecost Pride as I literally put a order in for 1kg of it yesterday so I'm not really impressed as I'll have to burn through my order a lot quicker to get desired results :/

Not good news for me at all, but thank you for keeping us informed and up to date with what the future holds for GKE.

Try the Vanuatu Waka from Kava Kuaui/realkava.com . It's good kava and I've never had any delivery problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.