What's new

Looks like Kava Europe are up and running after Christmas, aaaand

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Also I'm extremely wounded about the patency drop with the Pentecost Pride as I literally put a order in for 1kg of it yesterday
Everyone is different, so maybe it won't be a problem for you :)
Wish you all the best and Bulah!

Try the Vanuatu Waka from Kava Kuaui/realkava.com . It's good kava
First Kava i have ever tried so it has a special place in my heart :)
I have fond memories of it.

Schlang

Kava Curious
...as you are talking about first time experiences... :)
Would you suggest Tanna Marang-Marang or the instant Kava powder for a first time user? The powder seems easier to fix and a better bang for the buck... On the other hand Tanna Marang Marang seems to be some good stuff. Any ideas?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
...as you are talking about first time experiences... :)
Would you suggest Tanna Marang-Marang or the instant Kava powder for a first time user? The powder seems easier to fix and a better bang for the buck... On the other hand Tanna Marang Marang seems to be some good stuff. Any ideas?
The marang marang just made me feel a bit funny, didn't get on with it at all so I'd have to recommend the QKP based on my experience but of course everyone is different.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Hard to recommend something from VKS/GKE at the moment. The instant powder i found nice and convinient but pricy in comparison. But now that Pentecost Pride is so weak and Malekula Magic out of stock, it might be a better option. Testing the new kaolik batch at the moment.Tastes much different than before..somehow more like dirt? Also very piney....veeeerrry. Also mouth numbing properties are intense and the color of the brew is very dark....let's see how it's effects are...

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I should do an acetone test.
VKS has quite some history with tudei spiked kava but i won't draw any conclusions ...understand your sentiments though.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Testing the new kaolik batch at the moment.Tastes much different than before..somehow more like dirt? Also very piney....veeeerrry. Also mouth numbing properties are intense and the color of the brew is very dark....let's see how it's effects are...
The piney taste is suspicious, but otherwise it sounds like it wasn't properly peeled/cleaned (could still be tudei, I don't know). But I know the "dirty" taste. I remember when we were looking for kava in Tonga. We got 10 samples of the same cultivar processed by 10 different farmrs. Some smelled like wet soil mixed with clay, one smelled ok, but also tasted like "dirt". It was obvious that most farmers selling for export do not clean their kava properly. I don't think this makes this kava "risky", but it certainly doesn't make it tasty or too pleasant. ;)

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Yep Henry, i do not mind a bit of dirt in my kava even though it's not pleasurable at all.
Feeling a bit groggy today...but only a test will bring clarity. Until then all i can say is that Kaolik is strong and nice as ever.

Schlang

Kava Curious
Thanks a lot for your input on the Kaolik, yiki. Your experience sounds interesting but to make sure I feel alright the next day I figure I will go with the powder instead. I do not have knowledge to tell if that piney, earthy taste might be something odd or not.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
No need to hurry Schlang! Nothing wrong with experimenting at your own pace, and maybe the Instant is exactly what you are looking for!
It's most definatly easy to prepare which come in handy in certain situations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.