What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mâlôlô

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
This evening an old friend dropped by and we decided to try a few shells of the Mâlôlô that I just got from my first order from Cactus Kava.

The kava had a really nice caramel colour and was quite thick and creamy. The taste wasn’t as peppery as the other kavas I have tried nor caused much mouth numbing but was earthy and pleasant... perhaps a bit chalky(?) It went down fine.

The effects came on gradual and smoothly sort of creeping up on us. After 3-4 shells we were both feeling some nice calming effects and got deep into conversation— plenty of laughing and good vibes.

We both became very comfortable... all the edge of the day had been smoothed over.
I felt a great glow from this kava. Really enjoyed the flowing stream of conversation and empathy. The Gypsy Jazz of Django Reinhardt playing on the radio, fit the mood perfectly :)

This seemed to be a heavier kava than the others I have tried,(MeloMelo from BKH and Tongan Family Reserve), but perhaps not quite as strong which was perfect for the evening. We were both extremely relaxed and calm. Time seemed to move just a bit slower so you could enjoy the minutes just a bit more!

I really liked this kava! It seems like a nice week night kava to share with an old friend or to reflect on the day.