What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mahakea - Medium Grind

gork

Kava Enthusiast
AHA found the right button!
5-6 ounces each test at about 3 tbs each
Anyway a quick initial reactiony type thing. Being good to what I've been wondering here: where's the neutral good bad and eh reviews.
Well alas this is more of neutral Eh one at the moment for me
Got it last week and waited till the weekend to have a small amount to see if I even like it.
It's a weird fickle one, and doesn't seem to be thing. Tried it twice. One time not bad average a bit of this and a bit of that. The second time was just off and I didn't like how I felt afterwords. Just not as gentle and nice to my system I like.
To compare and for my weird dyslexic brain try express in text what I meen: the first time was a nice kind of cheerfull yet relaxed place.
The second time was I just eh not quite right and didn't feel all that clean and gentle to my system. Sort of a heart racing dry mouth thing, kind of speedy and weird place.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Gork, very interesting review, thanks for posting your honest experience. I wonder why it was kind of good the first time around and then not as good on the second go? I always guarantee satisfaction so if you want I can send some more kava, maybe a different one or I can give you a full refund. Thanks again for the post. Aloha.

Chris

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I found the last mahakea I bought from GHK a couple months back to be really nice root but it was definitely stimulating. The most energizing kava on the market that Ive tried for 2018. Reminds me a little of the original pouni ono. I have gotten a little irritable from it once or twice, but its very euphoric most of the time. if its the same batch that is available now I'm going to be happy to get my 2 lbs.

EDIT: Chris, if you see this: Is the current mahakea batch the same harvest that was out in may?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I found the last mahakea I bought from GHK a couple months back to be really nice root but it was definitely stimulating. The most energizing kava on the market that Ive tried for 2018. Reminds me a little of the original pouni ono. I have gotten a little irritable from it once or twice, but its very euphoric most of the time. if its the same batch that is available now I'm going to be happy to get my 2 lbs.

EDIT: Chris, if you see this: Is the current Mahakea batch the same harvest that was out in may?
It comes from the same patch of 'Awa but it is not the same plant. Aloha.

Chris

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

EDIT: Chris, if you see this: Is the current mahakea batch the same harvest that was out in may?
I could see that. From what everyone has told me about the original Pouni, that's what this batch of Mahakea is like, at least for me.

Everybody's experience of a kava is bound to be subjective to some extent because we all have different receptors in our bodies. What is great for one person will not always be great for another. FWIW, I found the current batch of Mahakea to be excellent, and if anything better than previous harvest of it I've had, which was always great. IAE I was double balling it with 2 TBS in each ball, for 4 TBS in 500ml first wash, 400 ml water in the second wash, and combine the two into a single litre. I drink that over the course of 1.5 to 2 hrs. Looks tastes and feels like heaven to me....

Last edited: