What's new

Micronized Kava Review Mahakea - Micronized

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
A while back I used to get Paradise kavas Hawaiian varieties. I prefer the flavor of Hawaiian kavas over any other type, however they usually come in light and euphoric.

This Mahakea is one of the most balanced kavas I have ever had. I think this is the staple of what a Hawaiian Kava should be. I would recommend this Kava to a newbie wanting to try Kava for the first time. It's not overpowering and the flavor is great.

The quality, flavor, and potency is all perfected. I already have more on the way.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I get a nice feel with Mahakea instant (8-10 grams) but I don't feel much with the micro. What should my dosage be?

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I would start with 1 tablespoon per cup of water and try 1-2 cups, you can adjust the dose more or less from there. Aloha.

Chris
Thanks, will try, I'm assuming a tabespoon is about 12 grams of Kava?

16 grams of Mahakea Instant was so smooth last night, like a kiss from the heavens.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm not sure about micro but a tablespoon is probably 7-8g. I'm not sure if you already drink a lot of micro, but for me the thing about it is it tends to hit me less in certain ways, with the headiness suffering the most. I think grog is highly bioavailable similar to how a tea would be but many people seem to have a different experience. For me, if I am seeking a low dose like 1 tbs, micro will be stronger, but If I hope to get a stronger effect I need grog.

I can contend that a heaping tbsp is 8-9 g's and a non-compacted tbsp is about 5gs of micronized kava, because I weigh both my spoon, tare my scale and then weigh the kava. Sometimes a heaping one can be up to ten g's. Depends if it' compacted or not.