What's new

Kava Recipe Making instant Kava

owechi

So recently i did an experiment if you can call it that, I would like to share.

This is how you can make instant kava at home very easily.

-Do your preferred method of preparation ( I did traditional I suggest you do the same to get the most instant kava from this process)

- Once you have prepared your grog you pour it out on a baking sheet and make sure it is evenly spread to achieve fastest results.

- Next place in a warm room something like 25 Celsius or 77 Fahrenheit ( I suggest you pour the kava on the sheet in its final resting place as to avoid spilling it trying to move it)

- Next place a generic house fan pointed at the sheet of kava and if you can have direct sun light shine on it through your window to have the fastest process.

- After several hours you should be left with a dry film over the baking sheet.

- You can now scrape of the film with a spatula or flat edge and you will have kava flakes which are rather potent if used by them selves applied directly to your tongue (mouth numbing goodness)

- You must "powderize" your kava flakes i did this with a coffee grinder you could also use a pestle and mortar or blender. (make sure your device is 100% dry to avoid the powder getting stuck to the sides)

- And there you have it your very own instant kava

Personal metrics and notes : I used 600ml (20oz) of water with 6 tablespoons of kava this resulted in 16 grams (0.56 ounces) of instant but more importantly this small amount is equal to entire bowl of kava. Now you can enjoy instant kava without the increased price!!

Props to Krunkie McKrunkface for the idea of kava flakes, I just took it to a larger scale

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So recently i did an experiment if you can call it that, I would like to share.

This is how you can make instant kava at home very easily.

-Do your preferred method of preparation ( I did traditional I suggest you do the same to get the most instant kava from this process)

- Once you have prepared your grog you pour it out on a baking sheet and make sure it is evenly spread to achieve fastest results.

- Next place in a warm room something like 25 Celsius or 77 Fahrenheit ( I suggest you pour the kava on the sheet in its final resting place as to avoid spilling it trying to move it)

- Next place a generic house fan pointed at the sheet of kava and if you can have direct sun light shine on it through your window to have the fastest process.

- After several hours you should be left with a dry film over the baking sheet.

- You can now scrape of the film with a spatula or flat edge and you will have kava flakes which are rather potent if used by them selves applied directly to your tongue (mouth numbing goodness)

- You must "powderize" your kava flakes i did this with a coffee grinder you could also use a pestle and mortar or blender. (make sure your device is 100% dry to avoid the powder getting stuck to the sides)

- And there you have it your very own instant kava

Personal metrics and notes : I used 600ml (20oz) of water with 6 tablespoons of kava this resulted in 16 grams (0.56 ounces) of instant but more importantly this small amount is equal to entire bowl of kava. Now you can enjoy instant kava without the increased price!!

Props to Krunkie McKrunkface for the idea of kava flakes, I just took it to a larger scale
Nice! For previous attempts and suggestions here is a good thread:
https://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/making-your-own-instant.6878/