What's new

Malekula Magic

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I just Ordered a half pound of this today, I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here!

Any one else tried it? How do you like it? Taste / Ease of making it / Mind / Body effect ?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Tastes great, they peel the lateral roots before drying and grinding them. No bitterness, very clean flavor. Pretty fine grade, so easy to prepare. Make sure you have a finer strainer than what Nakamal at Home sends in their prep kit - I have a link to Kule Kava Farm somewhere on Kavasseur at the end of one of the reviews. Those strainers are only about $3.00 for two I think. Probably the most relaxing, soothing of all the Kavas. It feels just like it tastes - smooth, cool, refreshing, relaxing. Once you try your first batch you'll want more.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
VKS ships much slower than N@H. That's one thing N@H has on every other Kava store, good and fast customer service. You'll get it soon enough, and when you do I'm very curious as to how you like it.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
Tell me about it. I inquired if my kava was shipped, they said they will look in to it. That was a few days ago and I sent a few follow up emails with no replies.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I finally had some last night. The taste is great, I think I could drink two sessions in one night with this. No doubt the best tasting Vanuatu kava I have had. If mo'i is the chocolate of the kava world, this is the caramel version. I'm amazed how different kavas make the body feel. Vesuvio is right, this is a well balanced buzzed, better than mo'i. For the head, you can feel it in around the temple region. I'm used to kava giving me the chills, but this was like a minty chill all over, would be excellent on a hot summer night (too bad we are in New England fall).

This is a excellent kava for beginners, the next order I'll have my wife try it (she only had Wow and it didn't end well), this order is all mine:)

sleep was good.

The prep: 1c root, 3c water and the wash, 2c water (I forgot the oil) and drank it every 20-25 mins. Next time I'll try every 10 mins.

I'm tempted to try this again tonight, but I really want to try trevorlay's solomon mixed with stone (my two favs).

VKS needs to ship faster and more importantly, respond promptly to emails. Their sales prices are on par with N@H, but not their customer service.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I actually have been in touch with VKS and it sounds like the problem comes from the fact that most of the Kava actually does come directly from Vanuatu. Additionally, VKS sells a lot of Kava in Europe and orders don't really process until business days swing around. There's a pretty good chance that Malekula you are drinking was in Port Villa last week. Pretty cool, actually.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
hmm interesting, I thought they would have it in the states waiting to be shipped , on their site it says something about they have like 300 Kilos so its on sale so they can sell it fast .

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I had my 1st shell about 25 mins ago, and just drank my 2nd shell , I must say I like this Kava the best out of the other 3 I have tried (stone, Solomon and Shaman) its relaxing with out being over powering , its more relaxing rather than "trippy" feeling. I like it so far. I feel a sense of things are okay and just less anxious in general. maybe also a little happier feeling.

and the taste is very smooth .

I am a bit tired, long day and not much sleep now with a newborn in the house and me doing most of the night shift so sorry if this is kind of a mess of a post. :D