What's new

Powdered Kava Review Malekula Magic

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I really like a kava that's well balanced with little to no cognitive impairment during the daytime and also useful for those that have sleep discomfort at night.

This is a kava I can give that seal of approval; its got the "magic" that I and others enjoy but it's not exceptionally overbearing when your not in the appropriate state of mind for such a situation if need be. This is the trait that many borogus exhibit and this one is no different in that respect.

The taste is reminiscent of a Boroguru esque slight bitterness but a little more so; as most borogus are.

The look is what you'd expect from this variety; a dark milky brown hue which is common among many kavas.

Now the effects are where it shines through for me- Malekula has a tipping point between being a heavi-er Borogu or almost a Boroguru imitator in the best of ways and to be gifted this kava by Gke was more than I could've asked for; since this is what many people are looking for in a go to all around good kava.

Before I move on to the conclusion I need to expand on what I mean by Malekula being more of a heavi-er Borogu rather than being just your "average Borogu".

Whereas a normal borogu presents more of a heady 'awake uppity' feeling that resides in the back of the head or the upper part of the body; this kava does the same thing but with additional qualities that aren't singular to one area.

The back of the neck is warm, the muscles are relaxed and the mind is calm but similar to other borogus I'm never very sedated; just pleasantly relaxed like I'm sitting on a soft cloud, releasing tension as I float.:joyful:::awesomesmiles::

I'm proud to be the beneficiary of this specific root, and I tend to leave my review up in the air towards the end of a kavas trial.
This is because it puts me on the spot to decide no matter what, *exactly how it makes me feel* and I hope I've transferred these thoughts to the best of everyones expectations.

Whether or not this's the case, I know I'm proud of this kava and would recommend it for anyone that needs a kava that'll cover all the facets of their daily schedule. :D::happyshell::

Last edited:
Great review, I know so many people love Malekula but it's nice to see people leaving reviews, it really helps. I have to be honest and say that Malekula can be a bit much for me but I seem to be hyper sensitive to everything which is a pain in the ass. Great to see people enjoying it so much

Pink

Kava Curious
Just got this nice kava in just 2 days,thumbs up for great service and support.Previously tried their instant kava and can say instant is a bit more potent on taste.but since its my second time trying im still new to it,and yet i already made a batch and had it,already feel fuzy,and thinking of having maybe one cup for the evening :)
Overall taste is smooth-even thou peppers are used in my culture a lot so when it comes to taste im very much immune to any,unless were talking chilly :D
Will def be having more kava over the time,to overcome my anxiety and benzo issues,and these folks seem like a godsend to me.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Just got this nice kava in just 2 days,thumbs up for great service and support.Previously tried their instant kava and can say instant is a bit more potent on taste.but since its my second time trying im still new to it,and yet i already made a batch and had it,already feel fuzy,and thinking of having maybe one cup for the evening :)
Overall taste is smooth-even thou peppers are used in my culture a lot so when it comes to taste im very much immune to any,unless were talking chilly :D
Will def be having more kava over the time,to overcome my anxiety and benzo issues,and these folks seem like a godsend to me.
I can't speak for everyone but in my family we use peppers in quite a lot of our dishes. :hungry: But regardless of kavas pepper heritage some cultivars hit the palate with a bitterness that leaves me at a loss for any comparison hahaha. :LOL:

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you're enjoying your kava adventures thus far. (y)

Really enjoyed chatting to you over the last few days mate and was so glad you didn't get a massive reverse tolerance barrier to overcome. Makes me feel good to see such positive results.

Pink

Kava Curious
^it was nice talking to you too :)
So far didn't have opportunity to go mental with kava,but as far as effects go,i take around 3 full spoons of it strain it then drink and amazingly after about 30 min i feel happy,hard to explain but it does take worries away,no wonder its called magic :]

^it was nice talking to you too :)
So far didn't have opportunity to go mental with kava,but as far as effects go,i take around 3 full spoons of it strain it then drink and amazingly after about 30 min i feel happy,hard to explain but it does take worries away,no wonder its called magic :]
Hahaha....nice, keep enjoying it mate. Whether it be every day, once a week or from time to time. Kava is always good!