What's new

Powdered Kava Review Malo Toga

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
cpReview
BulA
Kava root with traditional preparation is a favorite beverage of mine. I enjoy a variety of cultivars and Fiji Vanua's Malo Tonga is something I had been hearing about lately quite frequently.

I ordered some, and when it arrived from the mail (today, a few days after ordering) I washed the outside of the package off and left it on the counter while I ran to town to get groceries.

On the walk home, I saw a big black cloud forming overhead and made it home at the same time a lightning storm began.

I held a cat and watched as the lightning escalated. The first gale of wind seemed like it would take down every tree in the neighboorhood, and brought sheets of rain into the open window.

There was not much wind after that, lots of rain yet rather tame and only present to complement the furious lightning and thunder.

While I was preparing to make kava, I was concerned about running water to wash my hands, as it was coming into the home through metal pipes. Now for the interesting part of the story, the part about Kava.

While adding Malo Tonga to my cloth strainer in a small bowl full of water, I noticed a gigantic heap of dry milled root on the strainer. I knew I'd need more water and a larger bowl to make use of half a pound of root. Switching to a larger bowl, lightning flashed and thunder echoed. I drew 1500ml water and added the water from the small bowl, since it already had kava soaking in it. Squeezing the kava, it began to be more brown in color. It developed milky whisps and bright bubbles, kava bubbles.

A unique experience of this event is that lightning jumped at my eyes. I was making kava and looking out the window as I do not necessarily need to keep my eyes on the kava to prepare it. Watching squalls of rain hit the hills, and leaves floating downhill in rivers. Lightning happened in mid air, and seemed to be aimed towards me. I felt blinded in a small point on my eye, and every point around this was in a sphere shape of bright light, with a larger sphere of lesser bright light around that, with the eventual progression of this blinding vision to travel up and slightly diagonally.

I saw plenty of other lightning, although this seemed to be a head on view of it. The tail of the charge, or at least the part where I could not see, was my reason for deciding the lightning was trying to get me. This takes place atop a hill in the mountains.

After this, the storm was gone and I enjoyed kava, went outsid to the garden, and came in to enjoy more of the fine Malo Tonga which I made.

Thank you for listening.

bula!

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I've been drinking this over the past few days. Its effects and taste seem pretty light. I started drinking 2 tablespoons at a time starting at 10 am and finished at about 10 pm. I probably drank around 6-8 tbs throughout the day, 2 tablespoons at a time. The effects were slight sedation and anxiety reduction.