What's new

Powdered Kava Review Malo Tongan

GenieOfTheLamp

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":0,"Potency":4,"Mind":4,"Body":4,"Anxiety":1,"Sedative":1,"Taste":"7","Preparation":"","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":""}
This kava seemed promising when I made the first few shells. Tasted nice, went down smooth. The effects sort of lacked body, and rather just brought on a layer of minor stoniness followed by a similarly light sleepiness. There was a tolerable nausea for about 15 minutes after each shell. I figured it just wasn't a particularly potent batch, and I'd read reports of minor nausea with this one. I finished the 4 or 5 shells I'd made by about 10 pm. I wasn't able to get any sleep until about 3 am, at which point I slept for a broken couple hours, got up for a few, and then was fortunate to take a midday nap. I typically sleep fine a couple hours after a session, and thus didn't attribute this sleep disturbance to the kava at the time. Then, last night, I made a larger batch and drank it over the course of a longer, drawn-out session. About 8 medium-strength, 6 oz shells between 7 pm and 1 am. Same mental effects. I was conscientious about hydration, electrolytes and snacking. I never slept last night. My heart rate was at about 110 bpm and only now at 9 am has it begun to slow down. It's still abnormally quick. I've got nasty neck tension and a headache. I feel bad writing a less-than-positive review, but what I'd figured was a fluke batch of FVK Santa Cruz from earlier this summer left me feeling near debilitatingly nasty and the pattern is not very cool. Have never experienced anything like this from any root from the other 2-3 vendors I frequent, and I go to the point of krunkenness relatively often, with headier kava. I suppose it's the ol' tudei.

Not denouncing FVK. Got some decent stuff from them on a couple occasions last year. Curious of others' recent experience.

Last edited: