What's new

Powdered Kava Review Manga Ono Kava (Tonga)

SLCKava

cpReview
Content
Context:
I purchased a kilo of Manga Ono from Brian via email. He was fantastic to work with and the shipping was crazy fast (I am local to his location in Salt Lake, but he also got it in the mail very quickly). The price is excellent at the level of quality I will describe below! I am 3-4 hours removed from food and will try Manga Ono Kava for the first time. Gonna go for a light dose tonight which will be a good baseline. It's raining outside. Perfect.

Aroma and Prep:
Upon opening the bag, the aroma is more lush and green if that makes any sense at all. The smell has an added element of something that evokes actual plant life...in a good way. I gave it a 90 second shake in the aluball with 2 tbsp of kava and 470ml of room temp filtered water.

Taste:
It does go down very smoothly. It's like someone just turned down the volume on all the Kava bitterness. Don't get me wrong, the Kava flavor is still there...it's just slightly less of the part that turns off new kava drinkers. You still get the piney aftertaste that let's you know this isn't some type of fruit juice you just drank. But, the reputation for a mild taste is well deserved.

Timeline:
0:15 The immediate numbing of the tongue is very present.
2:40 Initial onset of other effects begins...hard to say if it's more head or body...balanced.
3:10 Getting in the swing of things now. Shoulder and neck are loosening. I did a bunch of kettlebell military press earlier today...so the loosening is very obvious.
9:30 Tongue numbness is suddenly heightened.
12:00 Things are starting to happen in my head in a good way.
12:50 A very abrupt and sudden wave of relaxation washes over my brain all at once. My hearing seems amplified...noticing I'm paying too much attention to the hum of the fridge.
14:20 Brain just fully landed in Kavaville. I am now at a different coordinate in space time.
26:00 Everything has slowed way down. I can hear the light bulb in the lamp a few feet away as if it's hooked up to an amplifier. Can't tell if that's heightened hearing or just that I'm making less noise and paying attention to my surroundings. Brain and body have been in the same nice and relaxed place for a while now.
37:30 Still feeling really good. Very similar to how I felt at 26:00. Definitely a little more sedated now. Thinking about a second wash...but don't want to sedate myself too much this early in the evening.
44:20 Feel like I'm emerging a little bit now. Head and body are still in the chillax zone. But, I've emerged enough to go for a second wash. I get out of my chair for the first time since 0:00. Not couch locked at all per se. Just been enjoying it.
53:30 I prep a second wash with 300ml of room temp filtered water this time and about 2 min of shake in the aluball.
57:00 Down the hatch and into my body and head, little 2nd wash kavalactone friends. It was really apparent in this go that the flavor of this Kava is MUCH milder than many others on the way down. There's still a bit of the piney aftertaste. But, the bad parts of the flavor are just turned down.
1:10:00 Feeling the initial effects of the 2nd wash in my body.
1:12:30 Getting to my head a little now.
1:14:30 Back at that stage where it's amusing to slowly move my neck around to experience the looseness of the muscles.
1:21:40 Entering that phase where I can feel a little more of the sedation again. Absolutely no nausea whatsoever experienced up to this point. Body and mind are both very relaxed but also hungry. Chicken is finishing up in the air fryer and smelling delicious. Going to have to call it here. Thanks for reading!

Normally, I would drink a few more of these tonight. But, I'm taking this Manga Ono to a small birthday party tomorrow where I am giving someone a Kavafied Magic Bucket. So, I'm sure we'll be drinking plenty then.

Verdict: Very delightful kava in almost every way. Drinkability is excellent as are the effects, ease of purchase and price. Highly recommend Manga Ono Kava!

V

Vitaman

You mentioned how easy it was to order, but not how to do it.
Spent 15 minutes online trying to to order this s as Ll yo no avail. Anyone have a phone number or website or email address?
Thanks

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
You mentioned how easy it was to order, but not how to do it.
Spent 15 minutes online trying to to order this s as Ll yo no avail. Anyone have a phone number or website or email address?
Thanks
Send Brian a DM (hover over his avatar and hit start conversation). He doesn't have a website yet, AFAIK.