What's new

Micronized Kava Review Maui Medicinal Herbs - Kava root powder

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
kava-logo-mmh.png

Kava Root Powder
In my never ending quest to try every kava, I'm came around to trying Maui Medicinal herbs. I'll try to keep it short since I'm a few reviews behind and after reviewing a handful of varieties, there's not really much new detail to add without retreading previous descriptions. I'm not sure exactly what cultivar it is, but in contact with the owner, he told me that most of his crop is Mo'i and Hiwa. He also assured me that the product is 100% kava root. This company grows and sells many herbs other than just kava and this is actually evident in the way this kava smells.

The scent of this stuff smells more like a combination of every herb, similar to the odd smell in the air when you walk into a health food/herb store. I'd say the grind is micronized, although it doesn't say so on the package. Relative to other micros, I'd say it's on the grittier side and can be strained if you have a fine enough strainer.
The taste is relatively mild, the effects are on the heady side and not particularly strong. The strongest effects I achieved were with about 10 Tbsp, Toss & Wash, which would be ridiculous using other micronized kavas. The effects were still somewhat mild, but pleasant and recognizable as kava.

At $34.00 per pound it's definitely on the affordable side and might be a good choice for lightweights who feel the effects of kava easily.

Last edited by a moderator: