What's new

May have found my goto Kava

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I've only been drinking Kava for a month and a half. Started out with Wakacon (traditional prep)....it was ok but the taste was rugged to say the least. Then tried some KWK micronized Borongu for ease of prep (2 - 3 tsp in 8 oz water) but it seemed to mess with my stomach more than the medium grain Wakacon. Next tried the medium grain KWK Borongu. MUCH, MUCH better tasting than the Wakacon. Produced some nice affects from 3-4 heaping tbsp per cup of hot water and traditional prep method.

Was still looking for more of what I've seen other people here describe as "aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" since I've turned to Kava to help cut back on my alcohol consumption. After reading many reviews here, ordered some KWK Loa Waka medium grain. THIS is what I've been looking for! Same traditional prep method and the affects were great. As others have said, a perfect balance between heady and heavy....nice warm fuzzy sensation but not cloudy or incoherent. No stomach issues what so ever after three cups of 8 oz each prepared.

I plan to try varieties from other vendors in time, but for now this will be my goto!

This is an amazing site with intelligent and helpful information. Thank you so much.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed Chris' kava set the standard to go by and it's proved a good standard . When I find a kava that isn't from him and feels that amazing I know I got some good stuff.
Without certain top shelf vendors like Chris Judd and Mike who knows what some of us may put up with

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Yes I've read nothing but great experiences from Chris's GHK and will be ordering from him as well.
Oh and when I said "grain" above, I meant "grind"....lol. Feeling very fortunate to have found this place and its fantastic vendors.

EQ

Atman
Yes I've read nothing but great experiences from Chris's GHK and will be ordering from him as well.
Oh and when I said "grain" above, I meant "grind"....lol. Feeling very fortunate to have found this place and its fantastic vendors.
Glad to see the Loa Waka is doing it for you. It is a good ass strain. Krunking it now

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
As a former fairly heavy alcohol user......I have to throw out that Nangol Noble from BKH gave me the "aaaahhhhhhh" I thought Id never have again after giving up booze.

I dont forget what I did the night before....the room doesnt spin....I dont get overly emotional...basically none of the bad stuff that came from alcohol. However, it makes my body and mind feel completely at ease. I havent tried the ones you have but by most accounts the Nangol is some of the most potent out there and I will tell you that I wish I wouldve had it when I stopped drinking a few years back.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks Cmessier that Nangol is going on the list as well then!

Little update from last evenings Kava session:

I had approximately one and a half cups of prepped Loa Waka left over from what I had made up on Sun (traditional prep, 3 tbsp per 8 oz hot water and some milk). When I got home from work yesterday I drank that and had some nice affects similar to what I had on Sun afternoon when I drank 3 cups. Then I remembered that I had just a bit of my micornized Loa Waka (I previously said it was Bornogu, but I was wrong). So I figured I'd just finish that off. Mixed approximately 2 tsp in a cup of cold water and drank it down. Ho....ly......crap! About 15 mins later when I was making something to eat it hit. Wow! I've read posts about people saying they got really krunked and to this point had my doubts about how strong it could really be (sorry, just the skeptic in me). But now my vision started to blur and I couldn't read anything unless I closed one eye, my head was swirling and I felt very unsteady on my feet.....also had the ringing in the ears that I've read about. I finished what I was making to eat and went into the living room to sit on the floor and eat from the coffee table where I felt like I had some stability.....again, wow!

Now don't get me wrong, non of this was bad....in fact it was amazing. It just hit me much stronger than I have ever felt it before. I've only been consuming Kava for a month and a half so I don't know if I suddenly broke through RT or what? I've felt the affects before and I've had more cups of Kava before but its never hit like it did yesterday. An absolutely amazing experience. Slept all night but feel slightly groggy this morning, nothing bad, just not 100% clear.

If I have some tonight I'm definitely going to ratchet it back a bit. That was more of a Friday/Saturday night session, not a Monday night one (y)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
My personal go to kava, is from Squanchkava.com The Fijian Waka is mind blowing and his Lawena is my breakfast kava. Besides GHK, these are the only 2 vendors I get consistent 3rd washes from.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Heck, I haven't even tried a second wash yet....I'm probably throwing good root in the trash.