What's new

maybe I have to quit kava

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
In your case, I'd make a really strong batch just to see how it hits.. I think once one gets an idea of what the effects feel like, they tune their perception to feel the more subtle, lighter kavas.

I can't speak for any additional medications though. I can see how those could be drowning your krunk without you even realizing it.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
While it is nice to see people wean themselves off lots of prescription meds to just taking kava - is it really wise to be taking kava at all when taking that many other medications? That is a lot of possible unknown interactions. I am not even sure what the benefit would be unless someone is trying to come off them.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Cool let us know how you get on. I have found it the best tasting and strongest so far. I need to use about 1.5oz so around 3 alluballs to get really nice and about 4 to get really krunked on it, and in doing at least 2 washes with each ball. Do you have an alluball or using trad prep?
I have to say I'm a big guy 6ft5 and around 230lb so you may not need anywhere near that much.
Last night though I thought I would try and take it easy and listen to the kava and was definitely feeling it using 2 not quite filled alluballs which was 1oz and did 3 washes each to get the most out (the 3rd wash isn't great though it's a bit watery for my liking)
You said that the heavy kava strains like hanakapi did not work
But is the special reserve not also heavy?