What's new

Melo Melo Kavasociety vs KWK

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
How does the Melo Melo cultivar fall with Kavascoiety compared to Melo Melo with Kalm with Kava?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
How does the Melo Melo cultivar fall with Kavascoiety compared to Melo Melo with Kalm with Kava?
Kava Society uses a process of removing all the dark bark bits. It makes a totally different kind of kava. It's very light, and extremely smooth. Probably one of the easiest kavas to drink. Kalm with Kava's melo is good for sure, but Kava Society's melo has been processed a bit more and it turns out that's an amazing thing.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Kava Society uses a process of removing all the dark bark bits. It makes a totally different kind of kava. It's very light, and extremely smooth. Probably one of the easiest kavas to drink. Kalm with Kava's melo is good for sure, but Kava Society's melo has been processed a bit more and it turns out that's an amazing thing.
I have to wonder how strenuous sitting with a big stack of roots and peeling the bark off all day would be. Part of me feels like it'd be relaxing but I could also see it getting old really fast. Either way, the end result of a much cleaner, less-bitter tasting kava is great. The difference between Kalm with Kava's Borongoru and Kava Society's Borogoru (is there supposed to be an 'n' in this name or is this a ni-Van thing where names are slightly different depending on who you ask?) is very different, but I still like both. I haven't had Kalm with Kava's Melo Melo though.