What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melo Melo Traditional Grind Single Cultivar Kava

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'll try keep this review short, as my recent review of The Kava Society's Borogoru actually serves as suitable jumping off point for understanding this kava. To put it simply, this Melo Melo could be considered a slightly lighter and even gentler twin to the Borogoru kava. Take any detail in my Borogoru review and just imagine it a notch or two lighter, a notch or two "easier" etc...

The scent is very similar the Borogoru, but a little softer. The flavor is almost identical, yet a little creamier, a little gentler. The effects aren't far off either, but they definitely lose a small fraction of the body heaviness that Borogoru has, in favor of a more precisely balanced effect. So the effects as well, are similar, but a litte more balanced, a little more tingly -- perhaps leaning a bit toward the lighter side of the spectrum. Potency-wise, this Melo Melo might come off as being a little milder than the Borogoru, but that's probably just because it's slightly less heavy. That being said, I've had some Melo Melo's that can be real ass kickers, whereas this one comes off as the perfect weeknight kava. Ass-kickers can be fun, but there's often a price to pay the next day with those. That is not the case with this Melo Melo, there appears to be no price to pay.

Overall, it's a highly drinkable, excellent daily drinking kava that doesn't require you to give up a too much of the full spectrum of effects to be so. A satisfying well-rounded experience that's pleasant in just about every way. And while I tend to prefer kavas to be a little bit on the heavier side, like the Borogoru, there were nights where I found myself actually preferring the Melo Melo over the Borogoru. My absolute favorite, however, was somewhere inbetween -- mixing Melo Melo with [insert heavy kava here] was the ideal experience, for me personally.

::KavaChug::

::tanoafull::

::vflag::

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
NIce review! I'm still waiting on my order of Melo Melo. It sounds like shipping out of Kiwiland isn't terribly fun right now. But I'm looking forward to compare the Melo Melo with the Borogoru first-hand. I may need to fix and match with it. I bet it pairs well with Hanakapi'ai.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Yeah I've had a package from TKS stuck in transit for a while now too.
Hey mine sat in LA customs for days. Like 5 or 7. Then the tracking immediately updated from arrived in Los Angeles customs to out for delivery and i got it