What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melo Melo

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":0,"Mind":8,"Body":2,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":2,"Taste":"8","Preparation":"50 Grams, 4 cups of water, rolling pin method.\n10 min first wash, 5 min second, mixed together before drinking","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":"Sublime and wonderful."}
A simply sublime kava. Probably the mildest smelling kava I've ever opened. The taste was mild as well, and the grind was nice and coarse. Maybe not quite as coarse as Koniak, but I didn't end up with a gritty drink, so I'm not complaining.

The effects: sublime and wonderful. I feel great, like my head jumped in a pool. I guess the word for that feeling is "melo." There are virtually no body effects from this kava. It's slightly, but not overwhelmingly stimulating. I could see myself drinking this and going to work. The effects lasted around 2-3 hours.

If I had one complaint, it's that this is a bit weaker than what I normally drink, where I'd hope 4-5 tablespoons (as opposed to the nearly 8 tablespoons I drank earlier) would be a suitable dose. Still, the effects are well worth the price of admission. I can see why so many people think this kava is underrated. This is what I hoped Fu'u would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
Hey kavadude, buying some kava today, could I bother you for a recommendation(or opinion even) on people weening off the experience of alcohol? I like the melo melo, in many ways moreso than alcohol, but is there any kava that's less of a leap from alcohol, before I try the others? I'm wondering about maybe mixing melo melo (for the pleasant mood effects) with something else, I just don't know.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey kavadude, buying some kava today, could I bother you for a recommendation(or opinion even) on people weening off the experience of alcohol? I like the melo melo, in many ways moreso than alcohol, but is there any kava that's less of a leap from alcohol, before I try the others? I'm wondering about maybe mixing melo melo (for the euphoric effects) with something else, I just don't know.
He's not around anymore. Borongoru is a pretty straight forward heavy kava to try.