What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melomelo Kava From Vanuatu

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
logo-kulea2.png

MeloMelo
I'll try to make this review a quickie. Kule'a Farm Kava aka KickBackWithKava.com is a company I used to buy kava from a long time ago.
They now also sell their kava on Amazon. This Melo Melo was $40 per pound with free shipping. Not too bad. I noticed they currently don't have any more melo melo listed, only Isa.

As a reference, this kava was very similar to Kalm's Borongoru in scent, taste and effect. But not as strong. Kalm's Borongoru has become one of my all-time favorites so I was pleased with this 'shot-in-the-dark' Melo Melo purchase, although it could have been slightly more potent. In comparison to the Bula Kava's Melo Melo, this was much more palatable flavor-wise and less gut twisting. This one was a somewhat lighter buzz and less stomach grinding. I enjoy both Melo Melo's, but this one is easier to drink and a bit different feeling.

The effects come on relatively quick, it has what I consider the DHK feeling in there. Slow, loose and dreamy but light and clean like Kavain. The effects get more pronounced to a certain point, but never completely turned over into full-blown lala-land. ::rootedgrin::
I was using 8-12Tbsp most of the time. The last couple times with about 8 Tbsp where much more mild, it felt more like what I expect 4-5 Tbsp to feel. After this kava, I got Hanakapi'ai, Mahakea & 'Ava Lea from GHK and the potency on those were immediately more noticeable in comparison.

I'll update this post with test results after Deleted User tests it, but for now, the test I did appears to be very clean and noble.
Overall, a very nice kava, flat $40 on amazon can be convenient. I give it a thumbs up (y)

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Nice Review Shakas! Kudos for sending a sample to Deleted User.