What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melomelo Vanuatu Kava

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Before I aquired this Kava I was really excited to try it, and needless to say I wasn't disappointed at all. The taste is pretty piney, at least in my opinion, having only tried a few different strains before. It definitely lacks that ordinary Kava taste and it's much, much more tolerable. In fact, i'd almost say it has an enjoyable taste. The mouth numbing effects aren't very pronounced with this strain, though it's potency is still pretty strong. Certainly not the strongest i've tried, but not the weakest, either. Initially, the effect is calming and a bit heady. Just a classic, mellow Kava. But after these initial effects fade, you're left with a very, very sedated, relaxed "ready for bed" feeling. Depending on the time of day this Kava is consumed, this can be good or bad. That being said, this Kava seems to have a very long lasting sedative effect, even into the next day. Unpleasant if you aren't prepared for it, truthfully. This is some strong night time stuff. I find that this Kava is best to have in the afternoon, because by bed time you'll be quite sleepy and it gives the sedative effects a bit more time to wear off by morning time. Overall this is a great Kava for the weekend or days where you're ready to sit back relax and get a good nights sleep. I wouldn't call it an everyday Kava, but personally, I do use it everyday cause I never seem to have a whole lot going on. :D But those sedative effects really become pronounced within a few hours after usage, and like said, they last a long time. Great stuff!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
This one just didn't do it for me. Made me feel weird and a bit dizzy. But I loved the piney taste. Always do.