What's new

Powdered Kava Review Melomelo Vanuatu Kava

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
I tried this kava for the first time last night after receiving it in the mail yesterday (I ordered it directly from KWK). The effects weren't very strong for me in any direction. However, I'm excited to experiment with this one a bit because I feel like it could grow on me. I also want to try a higher dosage as 2.5 tablespoons may have been too little. But considering I just started a new job yesterday and needed to be fully alert today, I've save the experimenting for a weekend evening.

I drank about 30oz of kava over the course of 45 mins, which is a quick session for me. Then I settled down to watch the Emmys. I did feel a small bit of couch melt, but not too heavy. In general I felt calm and relaxed, but not overly so. I think "mellow" is a great way to describe this kava. It doesn't hit you hard, but it gently gets you to this relaxed place. I also found it super easy to drink. Other users described it as a piney taste, which I agree with. There's a little bit of that peppery kava taste, but not a lot, and not a lot of mouth numbing either.

When I went to bed, I drifted off to sleep quite quickly once I finally closed my eyes, but up until I did, I didn't feel overly tired. I do feel like an increased dosage would have given me even more sedative effects. I am looking forward to trying this kava again, maybe next time doubling my dosage and seeing where it gets me. I'll report back once I do!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yes, it's very mellow in an ALuBall but much heavier if you knead. That's something not often found with kavas but I think it has to do in this case with the grind in production but also in the character of the root.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I will try that some time for sure!
when you do, just be prepared for it to be considerably more heavy than you expect, a heabviness almost completely lost when prepped with the AluBall but don't chuck the makas. Freeze and re-use for kneading in a bag with other frozen thawed out old makas. That's where you'll get all that good stuff back again. Any mongrel grog with melomelo in it will be a superior mongrel grog, IME.