What's new

Melomelo vs Samoa Ava?

RevRad

Kava Curious
Making a big (for me) kava purchase. I was going to buy some computer stuff then realized it'd be mostly a waste of money so I decided I'd order some kava. I'm going to go with KWK since I know and trust their products for the most part. But I'm curious what the differences are mostly in taste and strength between their Melomelo and Samoa Ava. I don't seem to have the same heady/heavy effects as most people so I won't ask for that, just strength and taste. I heard someone describe Melomelo as kind of piney and sweet? What else is different between them?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The Samoan would be lighter tasting and lighter in effects than Vanuatu kava. I would go with the Melo if it were me since the Samoan Ava batch I got earlier in 2019 was extremely weak. The batch I got in 2018 was much better.

RevRad

Kava Curious
The Samoan would be lighter tasting and lighter in effects than Vanuatu kava. I would go with the Melo if it were me since the Samoan Ava batch I got earlier in 2019 was extremely weak. The batch I got in 2018 was much better.
Turns out I actually like the Samoan more, it had much stronger anxiety relief effects for me which I really value. Plus the taste was super mild, but I did use a bit colder water than usual so not sure if that's why.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
+1 to the extremely mild taste of the KWK Samoan. It's so smooth and easy to drink I suspect many people who chase their shells with fruit might feel no need to with this one. Also nice heady-balanced effects, but maybe slightly less potent than some other cultivars. Definitely one of my favourites. Haven't tried Melomelo though, but I usually stay away from any kavas that lean heavy. (Borogu is too heavy for me. I use it just as a mixin to balance out extremely heady kavas if I want a more balanced experience.)

RevRad

Kava Curious
I'm almost out of Samoa Ava, I mixed the last few servings of it with my Loa Waka since I feel the effects are pretty similar and didn't want 2 almost-empty bags laying around. I was very pleased with it, I'd go buy every last bag of it I could if I had the money.