What's new

Midnight Shells?

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Anyone ever have a shell to get back to sleep when you are laying awake at night with a racing mind? I just did it. Had a shell of the Art of Kava koro island. I can alright feel the sleep creeping in. Sometimes it works like that other times it just helps quiet my mind and at least lay in bed in peace. Either way it's a godsend of waking up with anxiety and I don't ever start to feel like I need it every night. Just curious if anyone else does this as it is very pleasant when it works just right.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Anyone ever have a shell to get back to sleep when you are laying awake at night with a racing mind? I just did it. Had a shell of the Art of Kava koro island. I can alright feel the sleep creeping in. Sometimes it works like that other times it just helps quiet my mind and at least lay in bed in peace. Either way it's a godsend of waking up with anxiety and I don't ever start to feel like I need it every night. Just curious if anyone else does this as it is very pleasant when it works just right.
Yes, had a midnight and then a 2am shell last night. Works well as an occasional sleepless night.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I would totally do this, but it typically takes half a cup of traditional medium grind powder mixed in 32 oz for me to feel the least bit of effects, or two Tbsp instant mixed in 32 oz.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
@Kavaguy that's a lot of root! ::KavaChug::

@Halibut_Acid I've got a nightly 2am internal combat alarm that has been with me this past decade. if i ignore it and sleep on not so good things result and I've developed a couple interventions this past few years to avoid that disturbing dark night. one is a shift to very light sleep where i move into an awareness that I'm dreaming and can interact, do things differently, change details and outcomes. the other option has been i pace, until exhausted, usually 2-3 hours, checking yard and shop, doors and windows secure, etc

probably pace 2x as often as i can pull off an aware in dreamscape night.

and the pace nights are what used to be time of much smoking (tobacco and cannibis) and a few ounces glass of tequila, x2-3.

Then came Mahakea (and later Nene) as an even better option that by New Years 2020 I'd fully clung to for quietting mind and restoring a piece of peace allowing me to safely drift off into a rest-filled night. Two shells and a couple puffs of cannabis and the world is no longer a hostile place.

needless to say, Kava (or rather 'Awa in my preferences) has been a huge help for me, especially in the circumstances you mention this topic.

Be well friend, and enjoy the dark night Bula!

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
@Kavaguy that's a lot of root! ::KavaChug::

@Halibut_Acid I've got a nightly 2am internal combat alarm that has been with me this past decade. if i ignore it and sleep on not so good things result and I've developed a couple interventions this past few years to avoid that disturbing dark night. one is a shift to very light sleep where i move into an awareness that I'm dreaming and can interact, do things differently, change details and outcomes. the other option has been i pace, until exhausted, usually 2-3 hours, checking yard and shop, doors and windows secure, etc

probably pace 2x as often as i can pull off an aware in dreamscape night.

and the pace nights are what used to be time of much smoking (tobacco and cannibis) and a few ounces glass of tequila, x2-3.

Then came Mahakea (and later Nene) as an even better option that by New Years 2020 I'd fully clung to for quietting mind and restoring a piece of peace allowing me to safely drift off into a rest-filled night. Two shells and a couple puffs of cannabis and the world is no longer a hostile place.

needless to say, Kava (or rather 'Awa in my preferences) has been a huge help for me, especially in the circumstances you mention this topic.

Be well friend, and enjoy the dark night Bula!

Nice! Glad to hear it works well for you too. That sounds like something pretty heavy to deal with, so that really speaks to how powerful our favorite root can be. My personal favorite midnight shell is New Zealand Kava Society's Borogoru. This Art of Kava Koro Island has been really pleasant too. I recently got my first ever bag of GHK Nene and have been enjoying that one as well.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
its been a long strange trip, for sure... TKS-NZ borogoru is sure a fine drink, felt like what kings and nobility would drink way back when. the kilo we ordered went way too fast as we both latched on to it quick and together we cried when the bag proved empty beyond all doubt! we shall order more when my concerns over shipping dissipate (early covid shutdowns led to an agonizing 3 month wait, can't do that again:oops:

and do need to give AoK's koro island a try as well. the Lady of this partnership is fairly fond of that chemotype range where i have shifted from a few borogoru offerings out there to a very solid love of the Hawaiian 'Awas, mostly 46 chemotypes i believe. they just truly set best with me.

regardless, kava is considered necessary in this house and the amount of positive change it has both instigated and supported in me this past year is phenomenal compared to most the 11 year prior, following combat. it is my first recommendation to fellow war torn vets i know or see that are in current struggles with anger/rage and severe alcohol abuse issues.

game changer, life saver. even moreso if any can find peace on troubled or sleepless nights.

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
Yes kava is absolutely essential. For sure has resulted in positive changes in me and my lady's lives as well.

I waited about the same time early covid too, it was stressful! My last order came in faster though. Plan to order again soon so I have some around Christmas.