What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mighty Tongan

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
One caveat - I'm a lightweight. And I had to take 1mg diazepam early this morning because sciatica issues cropped up a few days ago and I needed to relax my butt muscles a bit! So I mixed up what some may consider a weak drink. Although, I don't know, this felt pretty potent to me. I would not have been unable to type this review if I'd made it any stronger.
So yea, got this from Henry who kindly let some of us forum-ers have a taste of this hard to find kava. Hard to find because it's not offered publicly. You have to get in touch with Henry when he's got some in stock. He'll let us know I'm sure when that happens! I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago And loved it instantly. I told Henry, it made me so relaxed I actually felt anxious because I'd forgotten what being relaxed felt like.
Love the taste but then again I love the taste of all, well most, kavas. If you want to try something that tastes nasty go for liquid turmeric from SynchroGold. I have to drink kava after I've had an ounce of that! So this Mighty Tongan is easy to swallow, a slow build on the mouth numbing which doesn't last too long. But the effects hit pretty fast. Relaxing, with some good muscle relaxation but not overly so. If you had to move around and do something, then it would be entirely possible - at least at the ratio I used. I laid down on the patio sofa with a magazine or two and Taimane Gardner on the Spotify, and felt my eyes slowly closing while imagining myself swinging on a hammock, tropical breeze rustling through the trees, ocean sounds in the background. Felt dammed good. Shame I opened my eyes and realized I was still at home. Although I'm close to the ocean so I shouldn't complain. Took 2 more shells with an hour in between each shell. Still got a bit left to raise a toast to the sun as it disappears behind the hill.
So I'm thinking if this is a social kava it ain't gonna work for me. Talking was the last thing I wanted to do. But I did manage to rise from my nest and answer a few work-related emails that came though. Likely if you're surrounded with good people, all in a relaxed mood and ready for easy conversation, I'm sure this kava will help you join in.
I've been anxious just lately mainly because of the sciatica pain, worrying about whether I can do my job and babysitting (which involves a 1 and a half hours drive up to LA and usually 3 hours back) without being in constant pain. But today, that worry disappeared, along with the worst of the pain. So I'm feeling bright and hopeful.
Maybe I'll mix up another weak batch and keep it with me tomorrow while I'm taking care of my little grand-munchkin. Not too much - don't want his Momma thinking I'm stoned or anything! I'm on my own for close to 6 hours - I'll need relaxation at some point!
So in essence what I've been trying to say is that when you hear Henry's offering this kava again, IF he offers this kava again, then grab some. Shipping was fast considering it's coming from New Zealand - although I guess I'm not far from New Zealand plane-wise.
Oh I should add, this kava has been tested by Garry as 100% Noble, if you're concerned about buying an "unknown" mystery kava. And I love the name "Mighty Tongan". Very appropriate.

Last edited:

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
thanks a lot for this awesome review! :)
Yea, I've decided that "Mighty Tongan" sounds better than just "Tongan Waka". :)

We still have some of it left, but it won't last for too long. I am hoping to get some more in September, provided the farmer manages to harvest some more and stops complaining about me asking him to do a "waka" version of his already excellent kava, lol.