What's new

Milk Question....

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
Hello, new member and more recent Kava drinker enthusiast! I've been using Kava since about April and I really enjoy it. I'm trying to get the most out of the money I spend on my Kava (and trying to make it last/stretch it), without spending too much more. I read that whole milk and coconut milk are both good emulsifiers. Though I have some soy lecithin coming in later this week for when I make a traditional brew, for the weekend, I wanted to see if for my weekly Kava in the Aluball, is coconut milk or whole milk more effective, or about equal? The whole milk is cheaper in my area so if I can get the same effects I want to go with it, but wanted to get some less newbieish insight!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks, now that I know how to use the search field I see that @Edward is big on cows milk, so I think that answers my question. Thanks!
Hello and welcome! I really find cow's milk to make a difference but others are not convinced. For me it's the same as drinking milk afterwards to potentiate the kava but you get the potentiation at the same time as drinking which means I can use less root. The best thing you can do is to drink your kava without milk for a few days then on the second day drink some milk afterwards and see what happens. Then the next few days mix it with milk and see if you can tell a difference.