What's new

Kava Recipe Miracle Berries + Lemon Juice + Kava = major breakthrough!

MikeB

I like Mo'i
OK, folks, every once and a while things just click, and today is one of those times. :D I present, the best way to drink kava ever, at least for me:

MIRACLE LEMON KAVA
Ingredients:
  1. A miracle berry tablet
  2. Your favorite micro or instant
  3. Water
  4. Lemon juice
Directions:
  1. Put the miracle berry tablet on your tongue and let it dissolve.
  2. Mix your kava, water, and lemon juice together.
  3. DONE

Yes, that's it. If you don't want to use micro or instant, then you can do traditional prep no problem. Just put the miracle berry on your tongue, let it dissolve, and throw a little lemon juice into the end result before you drink. Likewise, if you typically enjoy making tea, or using lecithin or whatever, the same thing applies. MAGIC!!

You can also try other things than the lemon juice, but I find the lemon juice really needs to be there for this to work. The kava seems too bitter even for miracle berries if you do it by itself.

For those who haven't heard of miracle berries before, they're a remarkable plant: they coat your tongue and make things that are sour and bitter taste sweet. Lemon juice tastes like lemonade, beer tastes like root beer float, vinegar tastes like apple juice. The effect lasts for about an hour and has to do with a protein in the plant (miraculin) temporarily altering the way your taste buds work. They're pretty neat, and you can get them here on Amazon.

Last edited:

MikeB

I like Mo'i
They might. I've seen them advertised as being good for weight loss supplement you need less sugar in your food or stuff like that.

FelerTY132

Hi buddy, your recipe looks very tasty and invigorating, all the ingredients are natural, so it's also a healthy cocktail. However, I would also add my favorite mint, which would add a little freshness and sourness. I read that mint is not only a delicious plant that is often added to cocktails, but also useful medicine. Mint helps to improve vision and digestion. Mint can be used almost anywhere, as it is a universal ingredient, both in baking and in drinks. It can also be used for various spa treatments. I advise everyone to try adding such a plant as mint to their diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Cool!!!!!
I wonder if I make lemonade or just a straight half cup of lemon or lime juice, no sugar, how it will taste!!
Sweet! The miracle berry (or the derivative tablet products) temporarily rewires receptors in your tongue to identify acids as sugars.

I've never tried the tablets, but the berries themselves work amazingly. I have a few of them growing in pots but it will be another two years before they fruit.

Since miracle berries are readily available in Florida and there are lots of kava bars there, I've always assumed that the combination is underwhelming (else we'd have heard about them used in kava bars).

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Please don't drink half a cup of lemon juice. I have drank the juice of a whole lemon and it took me two sips to finish it, the juice is strongly acidic, whether we taste it or not. Half a cup sounds like a bit more than a single fruit. Might not be good for your internal acid-base balance.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Please don't drink half a cup of lemon juice. I have drank the juice of a whole lemon and it took me two sips to finish it, the juice is strongly acidic, whether we taste it or not. Half a cup sounds like a bit more than a single fruit. Might not be good for your internal acid-base balance.
Good advice. I can't imagine how bad my stomach would hurt from drinking a glass of straight up lemon juice, lol

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
@Kojo Douglas try schisandra berry. "The Chinese call it wu wei zi or “fruit of five flavors”, noting that schisandra incorporates all of the five tastes (sour, salty, bitter, sweet and pungent). Because of this distinctive quality it was thought to be an especially important tonic medicine". the five flavor profile of the berry is super intense the first time you try it and it has great adaptogenic effects