What's new

Mixing mo'i with other things?

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
I know that Vesuvio Cat mentioned Solomon, but not which one.  Hands down this is my favorite kava so far, but I am interested in tweaking it with other kavas to see what I get out of it.  There is also the practical issue of using up the kavas that I didn't like as much and stretching out the mo'i.  I've got a melomelo I haven't touched at all because it's exceptionally strong-smelling, that's one to try.  Anybody play around with this?

Steve973

Kava Curious
Regarding Solomon Islands kava, he means the stuff that Nakamal at Home used to sell. This stuff was AMAZING, although some people didn't care for it too much. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be found anywhere right now.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks. I'm about to down my 2nd shell of Mo'i vs Kule'a Farm Melomelo. It's more bitter with more mouth numbing than Mo'i alone but probably not as strong-tasting as pure Melomelo and I've already got a bit of crunk although I was fasting. Just got a bitterness shudder. Ugh. But the aftertaste is pleasant. I did 1 cup kava and 3 cups water that's 5 1/3 Tablespoons per cup which is less than N@H 8 Tablespoons but more than the typical 2 Tablespoons.

It was a nice session, in a few hours my head was clear, but I think the melomelo caused the diarrhea that I had later, not to be too gross about it.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Doing a Mo'i x BKH Fu'u today and it's very nice, it's less earthy than Mo'i and lighter, waiting to see what the effects are like, getting a little melatonin-ish out-of-body feeling after one shell, it's quite nice. I put in 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger to see if that helps with the digestive environment, probably changing too many variables at once, but I think there's room for art here. I'm going to get some fresh ginger root and try that this week.

kl.Gray Owl

Kava Enthusiast
Mo'i x Fu'u was a good and long lasting effect, very nice. I did a Mo'i x Kule'a Farm Fiji not much effects and diarrhea the next day, at least it tasted better than the straight Fiji.