What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mo’i Medium Grind

TJo

Kava Curious
Hi Guys,

I've only experienced 3-4 varieties of Kava so far, so I'm not the most experienced but I feel like my review will be accurate enough.

This is my first "heady" Kava and boy was it good!.

After drinking 1-2 shells of this mild tasting Kava, nothing really struck me in any way. I was a little skeptical that it was going to do anything at all. A few more shells later and boom! for the first time I really understood what Euphoria was. A tidal wave of happiness hit my very soul and everything just seemed perfect, the Kava turned on the light switch. Kava usually makes me irritated by the loud metal music I listen to, not this Kava... 3-4 hours of solid jammin out to my favourite tracks.. NO PROBLEM!

I was loving it! but all good things come to an end.

Highly recommend for the daytime or times when you just want to be uplifted and happy.

CHEERS!

lonnyzone

Kava Enthusiast
Yup, Mo'i is my all time favorite heady afternoon kava (though Kaumakua is very good too but rare). I gotta admit, once I do kava and start relaxing, loud anything is annoying. Loud music, loud dogs, loud wives, etc.
I get that too, but more with heavy strains in my admittedly limited experience. If I drink a shell and get in the shower immediately afterwards, the water and A/C is deafening by the time I'm done.
Although "Intense" might be a better word to describe how it is for me than "annoying". Most of the time, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJo

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I wanna try this. I had some experiences last year with the mo'i micro. That rush BLEW my mind. Nothing like I had ever experienced, but my inclination to fail at temperance created problems. I would like to come back to mo'i with medium grind and more respect.

Reactions: TJo

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I get that too, but more with heavy strains in my admittedly limited experience. If I drink a shell and get in the shower immediately afterwards, the water and A/C is deafening by the time I'm done.
Although "Intense" might be a better word to describe how it is for me than "annoying". Most of the time, anyway.
I love anything to do with kava and water. Sometimes it's pure joy just to have a shell or two and have a nice long hot shower. A cheap thrill, to be sure, but one of the best in life, IMO.

lonnyzone

Kava Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity, how'd you prep it? (Method, how much time spent doing what, etc)

Also, how far apart did you space the shells?

Last edited: