What's new

Moi vs Nene, Nene for sleep?

Hello!
I have pretty regular insomnia as well as anxiety and panic disorder (ptsd) and I am interested in trying Kava! I have tried kava for sleep, I have no idea what variety it was, and it has been the only thing that really helped. That’s what led me to try some more. I had no idea there were so many varieties, it’s been fun to research.
I am considering getting moi, nene, and mahakea from GHK to experiment. I have read a lot of people using nene to sleep and moi for daytime use but then I found that they both have the same chemotypes? 463251. I am interested in nene for sleep because I’ve heard people say they don’t get left over grogginess either... but now I’m wondering if this is really going to help with sleep for someone that really has trouble with insomnia.
Curious what peoples experiences are with nene vs moi? Your take on them having the same chemotype? And any other advice- like are those three good varieties to try for anxiety?
Thanks a bunch!
-Robin

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hello!
I have pretty regular insomnia as well as anxiety and panic disorder (ptsd) and I am interested in trying Kava! I have tried kava for sleep, I have no idea what variety it was, and it has been the only thing that really helped. That’s what led me to try some more. I had no idea there were so many varieties, it’s been fun to research.
I am considering getting moi, nene, and mahakea from GHK to experiment. I have read a lot of people using nene to sleep and moi for daytime use but then I found that they both have the same chemotypes? 463251. I am interested in nene for sleep because I’ve heard people say they don’t get left over grogginess either... but now I’m wondering if this is really going to help with sleep for someone that really has trouble with insomnia.
Curious what peoples experiences are with nene vs moi? Your take on them having the same chemotype? And any other advice- like are those three good varieties to try for anxiety?
Thanks a bunch!
-Robin
GHK kava is some of the best out there. I don't know if those chemotypes are correct but it's more down to the percentages than the overall chemotype. I regularly drink Nene and find it quite sedative. It's not the strongest kava out there but it is effective for what you are looking for. If they have any Hiwa in stock then that's what you really want.

Some other obvious options for heavy kavas that will be better for insomnia are Stone or Wow from N@H, Solomon's Headhunter from Kava Depot, Supreme from Kavafied. If BKH have any 11 yr waka micro that's the most sedative kava I have ever had.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Nene in the past has been the best kava to put me to sleep. I didn't notice as much sedation, just half an hour later I was ready to sleep. Mo'i had a more heady effect for me, good daytime kava. It made me feel like chatting with people more, and noticing more uplifting things around me. A good euphoric effect, without much sedation.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
GHK kava is some of the best out there. I don't know if those chemotypes are correct but it's more down to the percentages than the overall chemotype. I regularly drink Nene and find it quite sedative. It's not the strongest kava out there but it is effective for what you are looking for. If they have any Hiwa in stock then that's what you really want.

Some other obvious options for heavy kavas that will be better for insomnia are Stone or Wow from N@H, Solomon's Headhunter from Kava Depot, Supreme from Kavafied. If BKH have any 11 yr waka micro that's the most sedative kava I have ever had.
I second Stone, Wow, and Kava Supreme. Very strong sedation.

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
Fiji Vanua Kav santa Cruz, and Solomon Chief from Kava Depot are the two most reliable sleepy time kavas for me. I like Nene but its not super strong, guess im a fan of the head Buzz -> sleepiness program i feel those two solomons offer

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Fiji Vanua Kav santa Cruz, and Solomon Chief from Kava Depot are the two most reliable sleepy time kavas for me. I like Nene but its not super strong, guess im a fan of the head Buzz -> sleepiness program i feel those two solomons offer
Santa Cruz knocks me out after 2 shells!

It's not often I have/need involuntary naps during the day.

Thank you everyone!!
I ended up ordering nene as well as moi and mahakea for daytime use.
I have only tried Vanuatu varieties for sleep which have really helped. I like the idea of not being heavily sedated and still being able to sleep though especially when I will be using it every night most likely. We will see.
Thanks!