What's new

Instant Kava Review Mo'i

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
The Mo'i gets four shells because it was great even though I feel as though I used it incorrectly.

I ordered last week and knew my sample pack would be waiting for me in the mailbox, so I got super excited and threw two tablespoons into a glass as soon as I got home from work. It kicked in quickly and I felt great...for a little while. After the heady effects wore off, I felt a little too sedated--groggy, almost grouchy. Next time, I'll definitely use less (two teaspoons, maybe) and drink it more slowly.

After I started feeling a little down, maybe an hour later, I might have gotten a bit carried away. I mixed an undetermined amount of micronized Pana Ewa into some soy milk with chocolate syrup (I think around 6 teaspoons? I don't know, I couldn't find my tablespoon and just sort of went for it with a teaspoon. How many teaspoons are even in a tablespoon? Does it even matter? Do I even care?) and threw the mud down the hatch.

I think I got a little krunked and I am definitely feeling the after-effects today: a little irritable and tired. It's @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's fault, though, that stuff is just too good.

I'm just thankful that I didn't feel like making a mess and getting the Mahakea medium grind out; I don't know if I would have gotten up for work today.

Anyway, I'll do the Pana Ewa the right way, without a kava'd head, and post a review for that one soon.

D

Deleted User01

Good Review! I think you got hit by the Santa Clause Syndrome. You have all these different Kavas in a stocking and you couldn't wait to check them out. I know the feeling. It's always best to drink the Kava Slow if you can. And you can with Instant and Micronized.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Hahaha @Wigman Great review!
No harm done sir, we've all probably underestimated kava before and even with the best intentions had ended up unscrupulously krunked. :wacky::LOL::D
Even if it wan't a serious question....at least in america a tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons Wigman just in case that tablespoon happens to evade you again :LOL:;).

D

Deleted User01

Yeah Monkava'd but you know how that goes. Were they level tablespoons or heaping tablespoons? Sometimes it's too much trouble and way more fun not to level them.:happy:

NZdude

Kava Curious
Nice review (y)
Yes the Moi is short lived. I think this is because its high in Kavain, which of the 6 active Kavalactones (http://www.kavalibrary.com/Chemotypes.html) this is the most short lived. And because is contains mostly Kavain, once that has worn off, there is not much left.

You should try having a small amount of the micronized as a test. The other day I came home early and was stressed, so just wanted a little something to take th edge off, so i mixed a very level tea spoon of Nene Micronized with some fresh coconut water, straight out of a coconut I just bought. Well would you belive it, I was almost krunked :happy: BUT, it didnt last long. I have done this a couple of times now, and want to experiment more. Its only the GHK micro that does this for me. If I take a small amount of another, I get very little effect, but with GHK i almost get the same effect from 1 teasponn, as I do from 4 teaspoons, I just feel it longer with 4. So i may just try drinking a teaspoon every half an hour, and see how that goes.

Also, as much as I love the Moi, I wouldnt just buy that on its own. My plan is to get some more longer lasting sedating kava like Nene, or boroguru, drink that first, and 'top up' on small amounts of Moi after an hour or so. I think that woud work nicely :woot:

Last edited:

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Haha, I'll keep that in mind next time I lose my tablespoon under a plate in the sink, @Monkava'd.

@Deleted User01, I'm not sure I've ever used a level spoon for kava. I think it's more of an art than a science lol.

And @NZdude, I tried the micronized Pana Ewa on its own today. It's pretty great, nice and balanced--might be just what you're looking for. It's definitely what I was looking for. I just mixed ONE tablespoon in some water this time and drank it down.

Honestly, GHK's micro might as well be instant it's so smooth (plus, I'm pretty much using it like instant).

D

Deleted User01

I had a total if 2.5 tablespoons of HanaKapi Ai starting at 11:00am. I ate lunch an hour later. I'm still buzzing now. I consider that one to be high Kavain and it's still kicking. Now this was micronized so maybe instant is less potent to a certain extent. I didn't sip on this. I just chugged 2 shells with water and Micronized and about 30 mins apart. I think the HanaKapi Ai is the headiest Kava that GHK currently has in stock. The rest are either balanced or couch potato Kavas. Anyway, I'm still able to do rocket science so that is the kind of Kava I need in the daytime.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
I had a total if 2.5 tablespoons of HanaKapi Ai starting at 11:00am. I ate lunch an hour later. I'm still buzzing now. I consider that one to be high Kavain and it's still kicking. Now this was micronized so maybe instant is less potent to a certain extent. I didn't sip on this. I just chugged 2 shells with water and Micronized and about 30 mins apart. I think the HanaKapi Ai is the headiest Kava that GHK currently has in stock. The rest are either balanced or couch potato Kavas. Anyway, I'm still able to do rocket science so that is the kind of Kava I need in the daytime.
Awesome! Maybe that'll be my next purchase. I'm loving GHK's quality, not that N@H was sub-par by any measure.

D

Deleted User01

Wigman, I think the Micronized is very, very potent. Remember, 50% of the Kava Root is Makas and he discards that. What is left is pure and safe. I'm been saying this for months but I didn't know the reason until the Makas article was published. On top of that, I have been saying how easy it is to make Kava Kocktails because there is no taste. Now I wonder if the Makas that is discarded also happens to be the part of the root that tastes bad. More questions for Chris.

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
I still need to try out the syrup recipe. I have a feeling that it would go really, really well with some strong ginger beer, like Reed's. I think the spiciness of the ginger would make the kava almost taste good.

I just have a feeling that it will be difficult to make myself go through the effort of preparing the syrup, since I know how easy it is to just mix into a glass and drink.

D

Deleted User01

I just have a feeling that it will be difficult to make myself go through the effort of preparing the syrup, since I know how easy it is to just mix into a glass and drink.
You are right in some cases. If you make a bottle of strong Micronized Syrup, then you can have it for several days and it is super easy to pour a few ozs into a glass with ginger ale. I use 16oz bottles with lock caps. To make syrup everyday would be a big hassle. You have to make mass quantities to make it worth your while. Also, I took the syrup to the beach and the lock cap kept the sand out. :rolleyes: One more thing, I actual put my Pomegranate Kocktail in a bottle like that and it worked greatl.

Just some tips for your next Namby Pamby Summer Vacation. :D (Hey Hyperion, you should be getting royalties on the word Namby Pamby). :ROFLMAO: