What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mo'i

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Oh Mo'i God! I feel confident in saying that this is my favorite kava so far. However, take that with a grain of salt, because my girlfriend told me that I say that after every new kava I try. I've had Mo'i in instant, and it was good, but since I only had a little bag of it and wanted to make it last, I never really got a good feel for it. Or I forgot, I don't know.

Anyway...when I first got into kava, I figured that, based on my preferences for other things, I would really like a heady kava. So after reading the Kavasseur's page, I tried Solomon's first. I didn't really like Solomon's all that much so then I tried Stone, which I loved a lot. So, that instilled in me a belief that I liked heavy kavas more than heady ones. Mo'i has shown me that I'm just a medium-stature, forgetful idiot. Really, when I tried Solomon's I had zero experience with kava and it even made me anxious a time or two--beginner's nerves, I guess. When I tried Stone, I was already over the reverse tolerance hump, so obviously I loved it.

Now, I see what I've been missing: Mo'i! It's not overly sedating, but I wouldn't want to put away six tablespoons during the day, I'm not sure how much I'd get done. The headspace it puts me in (that I'm in right now) is awesome. I'm very relaxed and happy, and my senses are heightened. It feels really good to touch my skin and music sounds great. It did taste pretty awful, but that might have been because I used almost boiling water to make my grog (I've never done that before, but if my next Mo'i experience isn't as good as this one, I will become a hot, hot water convert).

So, what amo'i saying? I'm saying that Mo'i is mo'i new favorite kava. I've got half a mo'ind to write a letter about it and send it to a Time Mo'igazine.

That's enough of that. It's really good, though, and I would encourage anyone who thinks they prefer "heavy" kavas to give it a try. If you don't like it, you can mail it to me.

(If anyone comments on this review, I demand at least one pun.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Good review Wigman! Moi has always been popular with the Hawaiians. Perfect kava for the man on the go. I love the Moi instant myself. It's nice to see that every new Kava brings you different effects and thus it becomes your new favorite. I think as time goes you will have favorites depending on the situation and setting. Like favorite kava for laying on the couch vs. perfect kava for going to a social event.