What's new

Kava Recipe Mrs. Skunks Strawberry Kiwi Delight, (made with ground root)

Roaddogs Wife

Kava Curious
Hello, everyone, My husband (@Roaddog ) has been telling me, that there is allot of folks new to Kava, that cant hardly tolerate the taste. Well I cant either, so I have had to do some experimenting, and came up with a few recipes that help to mask the taste. Here is My, Mrs Skunks strawberry kiwi delight. Also If I remember correctly @Deleted User01 ,was wanting to try to achieve a reddish color. I'm not able to get a full red color, rather a dark orange color. So here is the ingredients. Splash V8 strawberry Kiwi, Organic coconut oil, and any kava root of your choice.
SANY0039.JPG

Here is a close up of the bottle of V8 I use.
SANY0043.JPG

Here you can see the ingredients, put into the mixing jar. Notice the premixing colors.
SANY0080.JPG

Here is a picture of everything in the mixing jar, and a stick blender, ready to turn this mixture into a taster grog.
SANY0078.JPG

Here is a picture of the grog, before straining. Notice the froth? I have noticed I often get froth, by using juices, that often reminds me of micro. You can taste the froth, it will instantly turn your mouth numb. I would also like to add, that I'm basically making a double shell grog. I used, a cup and a half, of V8 juice, and 4 tablespoons, of ground Kava root, and a little scoop of coconut oil.
SANY0038.JPG
Next you can see me straining the grog. I find that the traditional Fijian strainer, dose a wonderful job of staining out all the goodies, and leaving the fiber behind.
SANY0082.JPG

Well here we go. You can see it isn't green, but rather a dark orange. This shell is ready for the slamming.:sneaky:
SANY0085.JPG

Down the hatch, Yea, Kava, Biotch. My husband told me to say that.

SANY0083.JPG

Any way, I shall not allow the Parrot to have any, even though she is eyeing it. I hope you enjoy my recipe. This recipe is for those who want to make ground powder, go down much easier. Its my way of being able to consume Kava, and get good vitamins, and coconut oil. Its not to bad to drink, especial if held up against a standered water grog.
pretty_skunk_girl_by_icelion87.jpg
Thank you for checking out my Recipe, Much Love. Roaddogs Wife....:sour:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Roaddogs Wife I'm not joking when I say I think that is the best Picumentary of preparing a kava recipe I've ever seen. The three Kavateers are pretty adept at coming up with some great recipes, but your instructional delivery is second to none. (y)

Roaddogs Wife

Kava Curious
Thank you,@HeadHodge and @Deleted User01 . I really appreciate your comments on the lay out. I must admit, my husband helped me with it, but the recipe is all mine. He drinks water grogs. Tried to show step by step so would be easier to help people get the grog down and enjoy. When friends come over, I make our friends some of my inventions to see what flavor they like most.:woot: I use them as my guinea pigs, and if they like it I try it. I am always coming up with different options and colors to try. I will start posting more. Thank all you very kindly for the response. Much love Roadogs Wife....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yea, aint she cute. Like I said, she comes up with all the fancy stuff. Me I'm a basic salt and pepper kind of guy. She's the one who adds the extra cheese to our pizza. Good job, My love, @Roaddogs Wife , All I did really was show her how to make the thread, from there she came up with this. Again great job. Much Love Roadog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well I'm not so sure about that, I'm still trying to train him to put all of his pics in a single post. (y)
(hope Mr. Skunk doesn't see this post :) )
Yea, thanks for fixing some of my prior mestakes. But I think we both have it down know. Also I helped take some of the pictures. ;). But my wife is, shall I say, much more the perfectionist, than I. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Nice recipe. Tonight I think I'll join in on the fun and create a recipe.

Oh and pretty bird :) I have a citron crested cockatoo. She's awesome!
Yea the bird is a Sun Conure Parrot. Very vividly colored creature. Her name is Bella, and she loves my wife and me, but is brutally mean to anyone else. My wife thought the bird would match the orange theme. Here's a better picture. We have lots of weird animals. My wife, is a vet student, so besides lots of farm animals, we have lots of pets too. She also has 2 sugar gliders. Much love. Roaddog....
SANY0001.JPG

resiak

Kava Curious
Awesome :) Sugar gliders are awesome. What else do you have?

We have 2 Australian Shepherds, 2 redtail boas, 2 cats and our parrot. We would have more but our current living situation does not have enough room, nor do we have the time to care for anything else lol. We both love animals. In fact I met my girlfriend while working at a dog training facility. We now own a dog walking business.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@resiak , that's so cool. Yes my wife and I are both huge animal lovers. If you cant tell from our avatars.

Anyway, this one could get me into trouble. but here's proof this recipe works. I figured I would take a snap shot of the final results to this recipe. Just beware, this could be you. Man, I wish we had 2 couches. Much love. Roaddog....

SANY0002.JPG

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Love the recipe Mrs.Skunk. The color really shines through, and to improve grog in any way is a great achievement. That's skunk family (and parrot) talent right there. :D

I drink grog straight with no chaser but It's fun making recipes with micronized and I've got some new initiative to get back in the kitchen to throw something together after your success. ;)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
You guys are too awesome! @Roaddog and @Roaddogs Wife . That's what love should be like folks. Much love, Kava_Newb...
Well Im glad you like. My wife, and I have been together through thick and thin, for almost 15 years, If I recall correctly. So we do fit like a glove. She is my partner in crime, and my best friend. That's a good mix, for love, as long as the crimes, are very small.;). Much love. Roaddog....