What's new

Kava Beverage Review Mulled peach Bir Kar and watermelon Spotted Hiwa!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
cpReview
cpReview
IMG_2022-07-14-13-00-03-822.jpg
Hello everybody! Here's a lovely photo of the Mulled Peach Bir Kar on the left and the Honeybush Spotted Hiwa on the right. I'm going to take a moment of time to discuss the ingredients, what I think is interesting, as well as the flavor and the effects. This is my first time trying these kavas. First off, let me say I have drank both already, had only oats to eat today, and I work eight or nine hours about one hour ahead of now.

Reading from the package, ingredients: For the Mulled peach, we are looking at reverse osmosis filtered water. I typed that out because although water is not an ingredient, the water itself does have a clean, fresh smell to it. Idaho honey, gladly able to taste it in the Spotted Hiwa, I'll get there promptly. Noble kava root from Vanuatu, labeled as Bir Kar and sold by Art of Kava as dry root powder. If you like their Bir Kar, I'd suggest trying Art of Kava's Temotu Purple. Peach puree, this ingredient is the knot holding the brew together, it shines here. Orange zest and clove are blended with cinnamon to bring a sweet flavor that reminds me of home. The Ascorbic acid is an interesting addition, because the other package has citric acid instead. I am sure there is a reason for this, not only as a preservative, but to take care of the type of kava used. I don't have any ph test strips available, however the kava did not taste acidic. Acids are a preservative, inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria at a certain concentration. With vinegar canning, you need a ph value of 4.0 or less, preferably less. Peaches themselves have a ph value of 3.30 to 4.05 and ascorbic acid solutions are down low too. Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant, and oxidation does spoil kava. Nonetheless, this grog does not taste acidic at all.

I would love to see the amount of kava used in grams listed on the package, if you will, please.

The flavor of the Mulled peach Bir Kar is fantastic. I had a few sips before finishing my shell and, decided wholeheartedly that this drink tastes better than those fifteen dollar cocktails you get at fancy shmancy restaurants. Without the negative effects of alcohol such as intoxication! It sincerely does taste good, from the warm cinnamon peach flavor to the mouth numbing finish. I attached a couple photos of solidified kava particles, in the shape of the spout on the pouch, then I crushed it, took a photo, and washed it down the drain. This is fine by me, and likely safe to consume individually, although I wasn't up for it. This is why I pour these in a glass, to see the kava and thereby avoid any weird textured settlement.

The Honeybush Watermelon Spotted Hiwa, tastes very clean and refreshing. I barely taste the kava, with it being fresh green Hawaiian roots, from Pu'u O Hoku Ranch. The kava has a bright green melon or cucumber taste to it which is excellent with the honey and watermelon. Ingredients for that one are Spotted Hiwa noble Hawaiian kava root, honey, concentrated watermelon juice, South African Honeybush and citric acid. Nice and simple yet an effectively refreshing blend to drink! The fact that you can get any amount of fresh green kava in the United States for less than a hundred dollars is something special by itself. I pretty much chugged this one, and as far as effects, now that it's been ten or fifteen minutes, have settled in. These are very nice additions to my day today. I'm sure I'll have another Mulled Peach at some point in the day.

My apologies for not knowing how to use the review interface, and,thank you Karuna Kava for the delightful kava. It's time for me to go and get ready for work now, Malok!

IMG_2022-07-14-12-58-46-069.jpg
IMG_2022-07-14-12-59-41-555.jpg