What's new

Mulungu vs Kava Kava

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
I drank Mulungu. It is strong but it is not as pleasant,similar action to benzodiazepines
. Mulungu was advertised as a kavy kavy replacement. Someone drank Kave and Mulungu and can compare ?

Last edited:

tutti196

Kava Curious
pleasant you mean the flavor? then kava is not really better in that way even worse, I drink mulungu and kava (hiwa med grind, nangol noble and savusavu) and yeah kava is great but for me it does "only" help with anxiety, tension and little for sleep thats why mulungu(and melatonin) is the way to go for me when I want to sleep but keep in mind that I have really big issues to sleep thats why I take so much things.

But kava works for everyone in another way so try it out, nothing to lose.

Last edited:

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
I mean the power of action. I drank Malawi kava so far, it has only been legal in my country for a long time. I do not have how much to compare. A friend compared and said that Mulungu is stronger in action but it is not as pleasant as Kava.

I would like to know the opinions of others.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I mean the power of action. I drank Malawi kava so far, it has only been legal in my country for a long time. I do not have how much to compare. A friend compared and said that Mulungu is stronger in action but it is not as pleasant as Kava.

What country are you from? We don't recognize anything called Malawi Kava. Some countries use the word "Kava" for Coffee. Our kava is not coffee and definitely not originating from Malawi. Being that you are making a comparison to Mulungu being another sedative...it seems like perhaps you actually do mean kava (piper methysticum)...but there is some confusing wording here, probably lost in translation, that makes it unclear for me to know what you actually mean.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

I've never tried mulungu. E voce, hermao @Krunʞy ?

I do drink, or at least eat the foam, of silene capensis. I think that comes from Zimbabwe. I have some dagga and some kanna on order but have not received them yet. I do drink chibuku when I can but only chibuku wadzana.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I drank Mulungu. It is strong but it is not as pleasant,similar action to benzodiazepines
. Mulungu was advertised as a kavy kavy replacement. Someone drank Kave and Mulungu and can compare ?
I'm glad you brought this up. It looks like a very interesting plant. By more pleasant, he is probably referring to the unique uplifting feeling you can get from kava.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Mulungu is pretty good for sleep and even a little bit enjoyable. However, it is very groggy and the sedation can put you out for a 10 or 11 hour sleep in my experiments with doses that were significantly noticeable. It's just not suitable for anything where you plan to stay up for more than 2 more hours and or need to keep to a tight sleeping schedule.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I also feel like kava got a more uplifting effect and can be a much better alternative if you wanna have a good time. But I find mulungu to be a good botanical when it comes to killing off anxiety and fall asleep.