What's new

I love Kava My experience today with mindfulness affecting my buzz

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Hey cats!
Just wanted to share a brief observation I had with kava today.

About a shell and a half in, I get a call to ask if I can very quickly duck into work- like 5 or so minutes.
I'm already feeling the buzz kicking in with some gentle relaxation and headiness doing its magic at this stage, but more than fine to drive.
It begins kicking in a little more once I pull up to work (again, I wouldn't drive if I had much more at all, but I was very early into my session and had no tiredness or grogginess at this stage)

Once I went into work and started assisting with a couple of small duties and talking to my staff, I absolutely and completely forgot I had even had kava and my buzz all but disappeared.
I noticed as I was getting ready to leave after 5-10 minutes that my buzz had worn off after focussing on the duties I was doing, and almost felt disappointed; perhaps I needed to make a little more and start again!

Note that it wasn't just "i'm busy and not focussing on it so I'm not noticing it"; even when I gave my full attention to this fact I was very aware my buzz had subsided.

Once I started thinking about this, I walked back into my nice heated car, turned on my audiobook and within a minute or so noticed it come back to 100% of what it was before.

I've always considered my environment and what i'll be doing whenever I have kava, however I was really stunned at how it seems the effects can fluctuate in full based on what i'm doing, it's almost like it requires your attention for the full effects or moreso your body does.

Does anyone have similar experiences or deeper practises such as meditation, activities etc that has given them a better feeling?

Have a wonderful day!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've always considered my environment and what i'll be doing whenever I have kava, however I was really stunned at how it seems the effects can fluctuate in full based on what i'm doing, it's almost like it requires your attention for the full effects or moreso your body does.
I feel this is such an important statement, it seems people don't pay enough mind to their environment when drinking kava and then wonder why it wasn't as magical as people describe it. I find it interesting that you felt the effects again, once you got back into your car. I've had similar experiences with work and when I got back home, it wasn't hard to pick up where I had left of either. I feel it takes an understanding of how kava works and how much of a role our mood plays into a kava session. I think we have all experienced those days that kava just didn't hit the spot but fortunately I have far better days than not. Kava is a retreat for me, I am able to tune out for hours and yet be totally aware.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I feel this is such an important statement, it seems people don't pay enough mind to their environment when drinking kava and then wonder why it wasn't as magical as people describe it. I find it interesting that you felt the effects again, once you got back into your car. I've had similar experiences with work and when I got back home, it wasn't hard to pick up where I had left of either. I feel it takes an understanding of how kava works and how much of a role our mood plays into a kava session. I think we have all experienced those days that kava just didn't hit the spot but fortunately I have far better days than not. Kava is a retreat for me, I am able to tune out for hours and yet be totally aware.
Krunky great point. Kava seems to allow one to detach from their ego and personality, while becoming more in tune with their spirit. Other substances actually seem to detach people from their spirit. Kava allows you to disengage with what doesn't serve you.... Kava doesn't bring happiness but rather peace with the present moment. Theres this subtle sadness that goes along with it that comes from kavas ability to allow you to feel.. the good bad and ugly. Many people today escape or run from their suffering. Kavas an easy ancient song... theres no need for distractions only time to be and time to feel.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I enjoy kava right at work and my workmates know it. Being called in a shell or two deep doesn't scare me. It's kava that respects my body. If I were drinking alcohol or something else, I may not feel so able. Thankfully for me, kava lets me go about my day.