What's new

My first three kavas

KavaKueen

Kava Curious
I have 1/2 lb of Micronized Mahakea , 1/2 pound of Koniak, and 1 pound of Boroguru on the way. How long does 1/2 a pound to a pound last you? And which one of these kavas are your favorite? I was told Koniak is a weekend kava , and I just had to get Boroguru to even out the types I have.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
half a pound usually lasts me about 4-5 days

Edit: This is referring to medium ground kavas that I prepare traditionally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I only drink kava 5 days out of the week and I'm a liteweight. I would say a pound of Micronized would easily last me a month if not longer. The other afternoon I had 2 tablespoons of Nene and was zonked on the couch at night. It seems to take less and less as time goes by. I'm also breaking the habit of doing another shell just because it's there. It's a habit I picked up in my earlier stoner/drinking days. If you look at kava like it's presciption medicine, you wouldn't abuse it, now would you?

KavaKueen

Kava Curious
I only drink kava 5 days out of the week and I'm a liteweight. I would say a pound of Micronized would easily last me a month if not longer. The other afternoon I had 2 tablespoons of Nene and was zonked on the couch at night. It seems to take less and less as time goes by. I'm also breaking the habit of doing another shell just because it's there. It's a habit I picked up in my earlier stoner/drinking days. If you look at kava like it's presciption medicine, you wouldn't abuse it, now would you?
I plan on drinking it recreationally, no more than 3 times a week. But I also plan on using it for my anxiety and depression. I would like to have kava circles around a bonfire with friends for the recreational part like the natives traditionally took part of.

D

Deleted User01

Kava circles around a bonfire would be cool. Will there be marshmallows? Talk to Henry G.. He actually belongs to a group that call themselves the Kava Society. They get together, have kava, and talk about stuff.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I plan on drinking it recreationally, no more than 3 times a week. But I also plan on using it for my anxiety and depression. I would like to have kava circles around a bonfire with friends for the recreational part like the natives traditionally took part of.
When I'm krunked and at home by myself or hanging out with the kids, I start to really hunger for kava drinker companionship. To the point that after a Moi session last weekend I joined a few internet chat rooms just for some human contact. Unfortunately it was contact with humans that hang out in internet chat rooms on Friday night. "You m or f??"

I love the shoutbox on this site, but would also love a "kava circle" chatroom as well for times when I'm not able to properly socialize out in the real world. A sort of virtual kava circle with virtual marshmallows.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Click chat now in the bottom right of the screen. Except none of us use it because we're all drinking kava and falling asleep.

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
The mikronized will go a long way, you need less and dont need to take time prepping just mix like an instant. This should last at least a month just the 1/2 lb. the others i assume is med ground root powder, these if you bought half pounds will make a few gallons of kava, which should last a while as well. Good choices, did you get from ghk?

skatetheclouds

Kava Curious
I also hear the boroguru is a lot of peoples fav because of the euphoria i have yet to try these three blends personally. My fav so far is kiji waka