What's new

My kava is finally coming today!

EnvidiaProductions

Kava Curious
After USPS royally screwing up and ruining my plans to finally try some good kava this last weekend the tracking finally updated this morning and it's at my local post office about to go out for delivery. Now the long wait until I get out of work at 330 to go home and start kneading this nambawan!! This is going to be a long day!!!

CheerlessFire

The average stressed-out Asian high schooler in NY
Lucky! Im still waiting for my first tastes... either BKH is delayed in sending my order or USPS is fucking up on a royal scale.

EnvidiaProductions

Kava Curious
My god what I have I been missing this entire time! It's incredible!!!! I feel so good right now. Just ordered myself a california burger. My GF is loving it also. We are only 1/2 a cup into the session with 2/3 cup of root being used for 4 cups water. Feel sooo nice!

CheerlessFire

The average stressed-out Asian high schooler in NY
Just got news that my order girl got my kava in the mail. It's BKH's Koniak and its going to be my first kava. Im a little excited, and I cant wait to try it tommorow!

EnvidiaProductions

Kava Curious
I've really been enjoying the Nambawan! I have one tip. After kneading and straining the kava don't throw away the root. I'm three washes in on the same batch and the water is still turning a deep yellow/cream color and it is still working great each batch. I've been making batches with 2/3 cup and 4 cups of water in each one. I wrap the kava in a t-shirt and dip it into the bowl of water, massaging it while it's under water from at least 10 minutes to 30 minutes. I then twist the t-shirt to get all of the liquid out and then take the kava from the t-shirt and put it in a zip lock bag that I place in the refrigerator for my next session. I then wash the t-shirt under the sink and let it dry. Before using it another time I wet it first so it doesn't soak up the potent water. Enjoy! I have my Borogu coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Stay in school my friend and try to not rely on these substances to deal with your feelings. Keep working your way through high school and do something great with your life sooner than later!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Stay in school my friend and try to not rely on these substances to deal with your feelings. Keep working your way through high school and do something great with your life sooner than later!
Great advice there. Kava is one of the more harmless substances, but in high school your brain is still developing, and the effect on a developing brain is not really known at all. But if it can help you deal with anxiety without resorting to more dangerous things like alcohol that would be awesome. I certainly wish I had become involved with kava instead of alcohol during high school and college; it would have prevented a lot of problems in my subsequent life.

EnvidiaProductions

Kava Curious
Great advice there. Kava is one of the more harmless substances, but in high school your brain is still developing, and the effect on a developing brain is not really known at all. But if it can help you deal with anxiety without resorting to more dangerous things like alcohol that would be awesome. I certainly wish I had become involved with kava instead of alcohol during high school and college; it would have prevented a lot of problems in my subsequent life.
Agreed! Kava is much better than alcohol and MUCH better than opiates! Learn from my mistakes!