What's new

My moi

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That's a beauty. It's time that I purchased a kava plant for myself.....however since my dog has acquired a taste for kava I'm not sure how safe it will be.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That's a beauty. It's time that I purchased a kava plant for myself.....however since my dog has acquired a taste for kava I'm not sure how safe it will be.
I wonder if deer or rabbits like kava. I guess we'll find out!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I read somewhere on here of someone causing fish to float to the surface with kava perhaps now you may have rabbits and deer laying about your yard for making rabbit stew and venison parmigiana

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I read somewhere on here of someone causing fish to float to the surface with kava perhaps now you may have rabbits and deer laying about your yard for making rabbit stew and venison parmigiana
hahaha

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I'm very jealous. I can't get one legally shipped to Canada :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

That is a very nice plant. It looks bigger than mine. Chris at GHK told me to give it a small dose of Miracle Gro if I didn't have any organic fertilizer. I noticed mine has a few leaves with holes in them. Watch out for the critters. I will keep you in the loop on some other techniques (like taking cuttings) down the road. For now, get her settled in.:kiss:

P.S. I see your micro irrigation. Looks like you know what you're doing already.

Last edited by a moderator:

violet

Do all things with love
I wonder if deer or rabbits like kava. I guess we'll find out!
:wideyed:... :LOL:

Ah, so it was you who bid on and ordered that last kava plant! ;) I'm glad I didn't go after it then. I've been waiting to get one and am just going to keep waiting a little longer, we're still getting nighttime temperatures in the 30's and who knows where the poor plant will be having to spend its overnights before it arrives.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That was me! I don't understand why they sell through ebay like that, but I don't think too many people are trying to buy live kava so it shouldn't be a problem.

That is a very nice plant. It looks bigger than mine. Chris at GHK told me to give it a small dose of Miracle Gro if I didn't have any organic fertilizer. I noticed mine has a few leaves with holes in them. Watch out for the critters. I will keep you in the loop on some other techniques (like taking cuttings) down the road. For now, get her settled in.:kiss:

P.S. I see your micro irrigation. Looks like you know what you're doing already.
Fraid I can't take credit for that, it's my mom's garden. I've never had much of a green thumb myself, but I have a reason to care now. Of course I'll be leaning on you and Chris for advice. :)

They sent along some instructions that seem to jive with everything you and Chris have said. I do have a bunch of good compost on hand so it's going to get potted shortly.

D

Deleted User01

Compost is a very good start. I'm getting ready to start using the rest of mine and start 2 more batches. It's off the horse stables for me. Here horsey, horsey, horsey, horsey .....

D

Deleted User01

The horse manure is used to make compost. Just buy some prepared compost and be done with it. Chris said to just use a little Miracle Gro for now. We can worry about composting and what not once we get them a little bigger. By then, they will need to be transplanted into bigger pots anyway. I had to bring mine inside the other day. Weather got to the 40s and they didn't like it. They are just too young. For now, just nurse them. Forget doing anything fancy until they get bigger. Watch the weather!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
Shhhhhhh!!!! keep that bit of info to yourself kavadude or there will be none left(n)the way everyone around here :coffee: kava

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Something took a big ol bite out of it the other day. Not sure what. No aphids or any other pests in sight. Must have been some kind of bug.