What's new

My Stomach Growls and Kava Munchies.

D

Deleted User01

Lately I have noticed that my stomach makes a lot of wierd gurgling and other noises when I do my Micronized or Instant Kava (just water). I feel no discomfort at all. But the noise is very loud and for no apparent reason. Any one else experience this?

Another one. I do my afternoon session and then I get a bad case of the munchies (I hope this word is not banned). I go downstairs and head straight for the mixed nuts or potato chips. Kava does absolutely nothing to dissuade my appetite. Some of you say that it kills your appetite. Not me. What say you?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
It kills my appetite for about 3 or 4 hours. Then I get the munchies. I haven't noticed any funny sounds from Micro, that I don't get from ground root. They both make my stomach growl a little. Much love. Roaddog....

blindy107

Kava Lover
one of my favorite things to do when rooted is cook and plan meals. i get giddy for it. haha.
my appetite is still there full force however, due to the extra liquid and/or root i can't consume as much. it's a diet!

i notice this most when doing soak and knead in coconut milk or something else heavy.

A

Adam

I get a good bit of gurgling in my stomach after normal kava, think its due to the emptyness and then a loada grog sloshing down there. Been getting the muchies too. My local pizza place hAs been making a few extra pennies since my kava drinking, only thing is my eyes have been bigger than my belly, one slice and I'm done!!! Funny how one minute I'm absolutly famished then I eat a little and I'm stuffed.
Arghhhh wheres my kava??? Can't wait for the next lot to get here. Ordered some from BKH, they do that tracking thing but seems to take forever for them to ship it in the first place. Be worth it when I get it

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I think I'm a little like @shakas. If I get gas or bloated after kava then it has the effect of reducing my appetite. I don't it's the kava affecting my appetite but rather the side effects of taking kava (i.e. the bloating part)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I get this occasionally too, even with strained root. I think it has quite a bit to do with what we had to eat prior.

D

Deleted User01

I only mentioned Micronzed and Instant because that's all I have been drinking lately. @Contact said "gurgling" that is another good description. It's just all kinds of noises really. I'll have to notice if the munchies are short term. Take a quick snack and you are satisfied. I don't think I get bloated but I do space out my shells so maybe that helps.