What's new

N@H Is Taking Orders Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Does it really cost $75 for a pound of Black Sand, White Sand & Stone now? There's another vendor off my list...

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Those prices are redonkulous. I wonder if they're just trying to recover lost revenue from when they were offline, or if other factors are at play?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
The gotterdamerung is here. For a while.
Even ragnarok is a cycle. Maybe N@H will reinvent themselves as purveyors of unadulterated roots. Or, if kava bars are also seeing this price rise, maybe kava bars will look for other suppliers.

Tonight I'm drinking noble borogu and dreaming of new spring regrowth. (Or for those the southern hemisphere, no cyclones, please.)

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Shipping is still extra. 1 lbs of Stone would cost me $81, shipped.

The continual price increases across the board are really getting bad. At this rate maybe around $100/lbs will be the norm by summer.
It will end sooner or later, your everyday drinker will just decide that spending 200 bucks a month for kava isnt worth it, if it starts shipping to EU it will be even worse, enjoy it while you can boys.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
It will end sooner or later, your everyday drinker will just decide that spending 200 bucks a month for kava isnt worth it, if it starts shipping to EU it will be even worse, enjoy it while you can boys.
Always my Intention . . . Life is short man.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Well N@H used to be my go to bang for buck Kava but I think I’ll pass for now unfortunately. Been patiently waiting for there return just to experience a substantial jump in price. While I can’t know there specific situation, my last purchase was made probably days before they stopped processing online orders and that was long after the large Kava price increases across the board.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I wonder if there is some sort of legal case of some sort that they are trying to recover from? I don’t want to cast speculations but this just seems strange to me...

Ryancoz

Sorry N@H , I just can't afford Stone anymore. If your supplier didn't increase prices and you are just looking to recoup last month's dip in profits, please reconsider your plan.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For a long time vendors have been eating the spike, so as not to lose loyal customers and market share. My impression is they ate as much as they could for as long as they could. We might be at the tipping point where they can’t any longer. Also, what looks to us like a high price might still be them eating a lot of spike.

If you want I can get you all the Fijian waka you want for $40/lb but you have to take at least 100kg with each order.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
You can't just take one vendors prices and say things are getting ridiculous. I'm sure N@H/BKH can speak to this in more detail, but kava bars have much higher margins (and of course high costs associated with running a restaurant) than online powder sales.

If as a business owner I can sell 8 shells at my bar for the same price as a pound of kava online, I'll sell at the bar all day long and forget the online sales. Since the supply is becoming somewhat limited, a kava bar owner also wouldn't want to run out of kava at the bar because they're selling it all online at a lower markup. The unattractive price still allows the lovers of their kava to continue buying, and dissuades the average joe from purchasing and swallowing up kava that could be sold at the bar. I suspect N@H is raising their online prices as a result of these issues.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I finally got around to logging into the N@H site to see they raised their prices by 50%. Dang!!!! That is a total bummer

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
You can't just take one vendors prices and say things are getting ridiculous. I'm sure N@H/BKH can speak to this in more detail, but kava bars have much higher margins (and of course high costs associated with running a restaurant) than online powder sales..
I think you nailed it. The fact they were offline a month seems to indicate they really don't need the online business to stay afloat. They probably figured, what the heck -- let's make some better money off the internet sales.

Sadly, I won't be busying any more Stone at that price either.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Got a response from N@H about the price jump:

"Unfortunately, yes that is the pricing. The cost of kava has risen significantly and, Vanuatu kava even more so, is scarce. We've needed to raise prices for a while now and decided to wait to do it when the website was active again. The owner is going to write a note to post on the website addressing it as well since it is a large increase. "

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I've been procrastinating trying N@H; but I do want to eventually. From everything I have read on Kava Forums, even with the few controversies thrown in, it seems clear that Stone has become a standard against which to measure many other kavas. I'm glad they are back online.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
I've been procrastinating trying N@H; but I do want to eventually. From everything I have read on Kava Forums, even with the few controversies thrown in, it seems clear that Stone has become a standard against which to measure many other kavas. I'm glad they are back online.
There is nothing extraordinary about Stone. It WAS well priced and strong , but it tastes about as bad as any Kava out there . Like gag bad when you first drink it. Take away the well priced part and it probably isn't worth it anymore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.