What's new

N@H not able to take internet orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Just a heads up: N@H is having problems with their credit card processing service and they are unable to take orders. I emailed them and they got back to me and said they are working on it, but for the time being, no internet orders. Bummer, as I was out of Stone. :(

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Seems strange. With the likes of square, it isnt that hard to take credit cards.
Most credit processing companies don't allow kava companies to take credit because they're deemed too risky. We're lumped in with tobacco, alcohol, firearms, adult services, etc.

This is a very common thing to happen in the kava business.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Most credit processing companies don't allow kava companies to take credit because they're deemed too risky. We're lumped in with tobacco, alcohol, firearms, adult services, etc.

This is a very common thing to happen in the kava business.
That's too bad. But yet every bar, liquor store and gun shop processes credit and debit cards. Politics aside, booze and guns are very good business.

Are certain online credit card processing services now virtue signaling so hard that they're dropping customers based on what they sell? I don't know. It's a free country... can't force a bank to take a customer if they don't want 'em.

Having a crappy bank can really affect your business. A while ago Palmetto State Armory (PSA) had their credit card system hacked and a bunch of customers had fraudulent charges show up. PSA changed to another service but they've now got a rather infamous reputation. Customers are dubious, and everyone's saying that if you buy from them to use a small prepaid card, rather than one that's linked to a hackable bank account.

Just some observations from middle America on a Friday afternoon as I prepare a batch of 80% "ghost kava". Bula!

schatz

itchin for kava
So when will we be able to order again. I have a buddy that is a heavy alcoholic and Stone is his favorite, Mine too.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
That's too bad. But yet every bar, liquor store and gun shop processes credit and debit cards. Politics aside, booze and guns are very good business.

Are certain online credit card processing services now virtue signaling so hard that they're dropping customers based on what they sell? I don't know. It's a free country... can't force a bank to take a customer if they don't want 'em.

Having a crappy bank can really affect your business. A while ago Palmetto State Armory (PSA) had their credit card system hacked and a bunch of customers had fraudulent charges show up. PSA changed to another service but they've now got a rather infamous reputation. Customers are dubious, and everyone's saying that if you buy from them to use a small prepaid card, rather than one that's linked to a hackable bank account.

Just some observations from middle America on a Friday afternoon as I prepare a batch of 80% "ghost kava". Bula!
Generally a ton of banks will allow you to create an account, and the moment you do a decent amount of transactions, they'll research what your company is really selling. If it doesn't meet the underwriting process, you'll get a 30 days notice to collect your money and conduct your business elsewhere. I've been in the credit card industry for 7 years at various players and have seen my fair share of problems with the system. Their shutting down of customers is just risk management, and if you think about the chances of someone suing a kava company... you'll understand why they're wary to continue processing for them.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yeah that's true. There isn't exactly much risk of a liquor store or gun shop getting sued by a private party. Risk of government fines and sactions, yes. But that stuff is pretty cut and dried. Don't break the law and the risk is basically zero.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Generally a ton of banks will allow you to create an account, and the moment you do a decent amount of transactions, they'll research what your company is really selling. If it doesn't meet the underwriting process, you'll get a 30 days notice to collect your money and conduct your business elsewhere. I've been in the credit card industry for 7 years at various players and have seen my fair share of problems with the system. Their shutting down of customers is just risk management, and if you think about the chances of someone suing a kava company... you'll understand why they're wary to continue processing for them.
Yet if said bank wanted to launder millions of dollars of say....Russian oligarchs it would look the other way. What a system we got.

DonL

Kava Curious
Just a heads up: N@H is having problems with their credit card processing service and they are unable to take orders. I emailed them and they got back to me and said they are working on it, but for the time being, no internet orders. Bummer, as I was out of Stone. :(
It's over a month now (1/9/18) and they still don't have credit card processing ability. I contacted them just before Christmas and suggested they try Paypal since other Kava vendors uses them as a payment option. But N@H told me they will not have Paypal as an option and the only way I can submit an order is to send them a check. So I suggest if you really want the stone, contact them to set up an order payable by check.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Could always go super old school and use a money order.

Another random thought... if N@H is not moving as much product, maybe their connects might start to drop their price or sell to individuals? Not that I'm a huge fan of those exporters... but they've traditionally not sold retail in the states.

Anyway, if you're cool with a wire transfer and picking up an insane amount of kava at the airport, now may be the time to save some money.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, I just check again this week and they are still unable to take orders. I would have thought they could have setup something by now. Maybe the internet orders don't make them much of a profit so it is a low priority for them. I'm definitely bummed. Kava Supreme is similar, but I prefer Stone.

JDV

Dxrpepemd
Yes, they are back up. I got an email from them yesterday, but their prices are terrible. No way on earth can I afford stone now. I was told it's due to kava becoming scarce and more expensive. I don't know if I buy that for such a high price increase. I think the new credit card expenses are being stuffed in there too.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yes, they are back up. I got an email from them yesterday, but their prices are terrible. No way on earth can I afford stone now. I was told it's due to kava becoming scarce and more expensive. I don't know if I buy that for such a high price increase. I think the new credit card expenses are being stuffed in there too.

$68.18 per Lb or $150/kg - Stone shipped in the US

Pricey for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.