What's new

Nakamal @ Home Questions

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Hey guys, getting ready to order from N@H for the first time and I have a couple questions.
1) What do you recommend? I'm thinking about going in for a kilo of Stone and the smallest tin of Shaman instant, since those seem to be the most highly recommended products. (I am looking to get krunk here)2) How fast is their shipping? I was hoping to receive my order this week, but maybe I've been spoiled by BKH...

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Stone is a great choice, I havnt tried the shaman yet though. Pretty fast shipping, my order was shipped the next day.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Your order is solid. Those two will put you where you want to be.

Shipping is from Boca Raton, FL. Shipping times outside of Florida are 2-3 days anywhere inside the mainland. I live in Nashville and I get the order in 2 days from the date of order.

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Their shipping is EXTREMELY fast.  Very reliable dealer.

I really like their White Sand kava.  You really can't go wrong with any of their choices, Stone is an extremely popular one around this forum.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thanks for the advice guys. Finally ended up ordering after getting distracted for awhile. I went with Stone and Shaman. Since I don't order kava very often, and everyone here seems to put stone as their #1 kava, I ordered a whole kilo of it. Hope you guys are right about this stuff!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Got here today. About to mix up a big batch of stone in advance for tonight, looking forward to it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Haha I'm always listening to music so I definitely will. Have to say I haven't noticed any audio euphoria of the same sort that I have on, er, other substances yet.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Bottoms up. My first impression is that it's a lot less spicy than Boroguru, but smells and tastes more strongly of dirt. Sorry, I'm not good at writing fancy food descriptions. It has an earthy bouquet. :)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Haha yeah I ended up getting very krunk that night. I have been meaning to write up my reviews for a while so here they are.

Stone - Have to say I'm very impressed with this kava. They should just rename it "krunk" because it pretty much defines it for me. I think it's worth paying the price premium over other brands for this kava.

Shaman - It's okay, I'd say it's about on par with BKH Vanuatu Instant Green. I really wish I could find a potent instant because I really prefer instants/extracts. I don't remember if this is cheaper than BKH vanuatu or not, I'd recommend ordering the cheaper of the two if you are looking for an instant.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi,

I'm a Kava newbie. I just received some Shaman Instant. It says to add 1 Tsp to 1/2 cup of water and stir well. That's easy enough, but from reading so many other posts I can't tell for sure if I should drink the whole 1/2 cup at once (skull it) or drink it slowly for maximum effect. Also read a lot of references to drinking shells. I get what that means but is a shell serving approx. 1/2 cup of liquid or something more or less than 1/2 cup?

Thanks in advance (Hope I'm not too off topic)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That's entirely up to you really. I would say that 1tsp of shaman probably won't do much over time, drink it all up. Yes a shell is about 1/2 cup, but the important number is the kava:water ratio. Can't hardly trust anybody here in regards to how potent a shell is because some of us use giant scoops and others use 2tbsp at a time.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks for the reply.

When you tried the Shaman did you use 2tsp/shell? Did you chug it or sip it? Did you use regular water or maybe a fruit juice? Just curious, Thanks.....

krunkedout

Kava Lover
HeadHodge said:
Thanks for the reply.

When you tried the Shaman did you use 2tsp/shell? Did you chug it or sip it? Did you use regular water or maybe a fruit juice? Just curious, Thanks.....
I would suggest using 2 and putting it in some Gatorade or orange juice

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
2tsp sounds like a good starting dose. I just mixed it with a bit of ice water (as little as I needed to dissolve it fully) and chugged it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks for the replies.

I have used some PardiseKava extract, so I've got the under the tongue (sub-lingual) thing pretty much figured out. But this is the first time I've tried a liquid form. After I graduate doing this, I'm hoping to try making a shell the more traditional way using grind (like Stone) or maybe someday even roots.

I read somewhere someone using the Shaman powder sub-linqually. I might even give that a try so I don't have to ingest it in liquid form.