What's new

Nambawan info/chemotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

infraredz

BULA!
Hey Judd, do you happen to have the chemotype for this root like you do for the others? Also, what's the stock looking like for this?

This is like no other kava I've ever had. I'd love to know more about it.

This is by far my Num-ber-one kava for now! Thanks for bringing it to us.

Last edited:

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
HA! I see you tryin' to steal it all away when I'm not lookin' infraredz..Don't make me get you! LOL

Judd..Seriously? o_O From Portland to Virginia in 2 days?? :eek: WOW you da man!! This is one of the reasons I don't go ANYWHERE ELSE! :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey Judd, do you happen to have the chemotype for this root like you do for the others? Also, what's the stock looking like for this?

This is like no other kava I've ever had. I'd love to know more about it.

This is by far my Num-ber-one kava for now! Thanks for bringing it to us.
You present an interesting question. Nambawan is our only kava that is a blend. It is a mixture of Noble Vanuatu kavas, typically consisting of high amounts of Borogu, Boroguru, and Melo Melo. There are sometimes smaller amounts of other noble kavas in there as well. Each batch is slightly variable but you could assume a chemotype of 246xxx or 426xxx. What makes it special is a difference in the processing from fresh whole root to dry root powder. The supplier is actually quite secretive about this process.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
HA! I see you tryin' to steal it all away when I'm not lookin' infraredz..Don't make me get you! LOL

Judd..Seriously? o_O From Portland to Virginia in 2 days?? :eek: WOW you da man!! This is one of the reasons I don't go ANYWHERE ELSE! :)
No one wants to wait for kava. Thanks for the biz!

infraredz

BULA!
Interesting that it's a blend. The freshness aspect that you describe is remarkable, however they are processing it shouldn't be a secret! Oh well, at least I've got you guys to get me this awesome root!

I'm curious now that you say it's a blend; How is Borogu compare to Nambawan? Also, how does Melo Melo compare to Nambawan?

I've had Boroguru from you guys and it's much different than the Nambawan and I figured it would be quite similar to Borogu but maybe I'm wrong?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thanks for the info, Judd. We were discussing this earlier and couldn't quite figure out why Nambawan is so damn good. Here's hoping other Kava exporters manage to figure out the secret. (My guess: a blend of 11 secret herbs and spices).

hyperdown

Kava Curious
I've noticed that the Solomon Island's also says "nambawan grade" on the package. Does this term indicate a processing method, and not a cultivar?

infraredz

BULA!
I'm pretty sure it just means "Num-ber-one" (Nam-ba-wan).

N@H uses other 'native' words to describe their products such as "Nakamal Grade".

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Can anyone give me a comparison between Numbawan and either Stone or WOW from N&H?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
First off, Nambawan tastes a lot better than Stone. It actually almost tastes and smells good. It's pretty potent, I would say basically as potent as stone. It's more of a heady type and will give you a buzz when you drink it. Can't compare it to WOW as I have never tried it sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.