What's new

Powdered Kava Review Nambawan

RevRad

Kava Curious
I was expecting this to hit a lot harder and be more euphoric, and I cannot knock BKH because my response to psychoactives seems to change over time and I could just happen to be in a time where my body isn't very reactive to kava, but I have to report how it's been going.

It's fairly potent but I've had stronger. The flavor is very mild, the smell is pretty interesting, it has kind of a buttered popcorn background smell to it when you smell the root powder. Fairly numbing effect that's distinctly different from other kava I've tried, hard to describe but it feels like smaller pins and needles rather than a handful of large ones like other kavas. Very little in the way of heavy effects but pretty heady, although I found minimal euphoria personally, just other head effects.

Last edited:

RevRad

Kava Curious
I'm following up to say I took a much larger dose over about an hour this evening, and then ate some fries to give myself a greasy meal boost (I didn't believe it but everyone insists it's real), and about 6 heaping tablespoons of nambawan plus 2 of vula waka from KWK over an hour, I've never been this kava'd before. It's very intense, I have heady effects but I'm personally just not getting the euphoria most people describe.

This could be worth ordering again, I seem to have overdone it with 8 tablespoons of powder thoroughly kneaded over an hour. Good stuff. Just wish I had more euphoria from it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I find it the least heavy Vanuatu kava I've had. But while not terribly euphoric, it might be the most heady kava of any kind I ever had. (Euphoria being just one of the possible aspects of a heady)

If you're looking for euphoria nothing beats Tongan Family Reserve IME, but BKH Kula and RoH Samoan are also quite euphoric.

Last edited:

xbobmarle

Kava Curious
How does the Nangol compare to this? It's a heavier kava right? I was trying to decide between the 2.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
anyone else want to comment on how the current batch compares to how It usually is? I have a lb coming.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I just tried some of this for the first time and wow. Holy crap. I got some initial euphoria and then slept like a baby. I do feel pretty out of it today (14+ hours past consumption) but I had a fair amount of Papa Ele Ele throughout the afternoon and early evening leading up to ~16oz of Nambawan.

Do you guys drink this during the week? I brewed up a big batch of both of those so I will try it on its own tonight. I did enjoy it either way, it just may not be the best kava for Sunday night. Or it might. More testing is necessary.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
HA! Fluid, of course. I realized without an explanation of my prep, that means just about nothing. CTAHR method, 100g/2 washes with a final total of 58oz of liquid. I use old OJ bottles and typically make two different kavas to get me through at least the first few days of the week.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Since my question got lost in the shuffle and people seem to be looking at this thread again: do you guys drink this stuff during the week? I am trying to figure out whether it's a) the amount of kava I drank throughout the day b) drinking Papa Ele Ele THEN Nambawan c) Nambawan itself that caused my brain dead and overall feeling of BLEH most of the next day.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Since my question got lost in the shuffle and people seem to be looking at this thread again: do you guys drink this stuff during the week? I am trying to figure out whether it's a) the amount of kava I drank throughout the day b) drinking Papa Ele Ele THEN Nambawan c) Nambawan itself that caused my brain dead and overall feeling of BLEH most of the next day.
I would not drink nambawan at work or if I had anything important to do later in the day. It's really for the weekend or for when you are done for the day. Or on the weekend if you're just going to blow the whole day off and just goof.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I would not drink nambawan at work or if I had anything important to do later in the day. It's really for the weekend or for when you are done for the day. Or on the weekend if you're just going to blow the whole day off and just goof.
During the week, not during work. As in "School nights". Some of the stronger kavas leave me groggy and less productive the next day. I have heard people refer to Stone, for instance, as a better weekend kava. I am wondering if Nambawan falls into that category as well.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I find it the least heavy Vanuatu kava I've had. But while not terribly euphoric, it might be the most heady kava of any kind I ever had. (Euphoria being just one of the possible aspects of a heady)

If you're looking for euphoria nothing beats Tongan Family Reserve IME, but BKH Kula and RoH Samoan are also quite euphoric.
For I did find intense euphoria with nambawan but only when I make it very strong, e.g. triple ball 6 TBS in 400 ml water. As euphoric as any other euphoric kava, followed by the special kind of nambawan mind massage und ein sehr gemuetlich brainfahrt.

Oh I will happily drink too much nambawan on a weeknight but only once a week.

Last edited:

gork

Kava Enthusiast
For I did find intense euphoria with nambawan but only when I make it very strong, e.g. triple ball 6 TBS in 400 ml water. As euphoric as any other euphoric kava, followed by the special kind of nambawan mind massage und ein sehr gemuetlich brainfahrt.

Oh I will happily drink too much nambawan on a weeknight but only once a week.
Just to chime in quickly. My experience is Nabawan depends on strength small amount. Silly kind of place. Nice warmth very upbeat pleasent place. I've litterrally only one bad bag that made my disy. As in room spinning disy. Their's a post about it here. Me and someone else got that FWIW.

I found KF's tongan for that pleasent warm slightly pleasently spacy yummy kind of place to more consistant. BKH's Eua was also rocked for that as well.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Just to chime in quickly. My experience is Nabawan depends on strength small amount. Silly kind of place. Nice warmth very upbeat pleasent place. I've litterrally only one bad bag that made my disy. As in room spinning disy. Their's a post about it here. Me and someone else got that FWIW.

I found KF's tongan for that pleasent warm slightly pleasently spacy yummy kind of place to more consistant. BKH's Eua was also rocked for that as well.
I do quite well mixing Fijian waka with Tongan. Of course, the better the waka and the better the Tongan, the better it will be. But I find that even so-so Fijian waka mixed with so-so Tongan is still better than the sum of its parts. They seem to go together very well. Right now I am drinking Damu 1:1 with Made in Tonga Tongan. Very nice. Those are good root, but last night I was drinking Wakacon Fiji waka 1:1 with Tikaram's Kava Tonga and it was still very pleasant.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I do quite well mixing Fijian waka with Tongan. Of course, the better the waka and the better the Tongan, the better it will be. But I find that even so-so Fijian waka mixed with so-so Tongan is still better than the sum of its parts. They seem to go together very well. Right now I am drinking Damu 1:1 with Made in Tonga Tongan. Very nice. Those are good root, but last night I was drinking Wakacon Fiji waka 1:1 with Tikaram's Kava Tonga and it was still very pleasant.
^^^
lol and just to totally derail this thread:
Thank you Krunkiie for translating my dyslexic typing.