What's new

Nambawan!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
It's been almost a year since I've had the pleasure of shelling Nambawan. It was on my birthday, I was at work, with a few bottles of homesqueezed roots. Excellence.
With my birthday a month ahead, I'm on a multi day camping trip which ends tomorrow due to returning to work. Tonight, in the woods, I'll be enjoying a fresh bag of this fine root to myself! I wonder how many shells a man like myself will indulge in?

While showering, picking up my tea, making a resource run at my home, my ride back to the trees is a little delayed, so I squeeze a shell. Two heaping tablespoons and about a cup and a half of water. Squeezed warm for 4 minutes. Rest saved in freezer. 125ml poured in my special glass Bilo. WOW, strong potent kava. another 125ml shell ten-15 mins later and I'm done, the rest goes in the freezer, I'm impressed as someone who drinks a lot of kava and makes it strong. I feel the desire to expand my vocabulary, to describe how fulfilling and awesome this root tea is.

It's either this batch of Nambawan, or all Nambawan, that is extremely powerful. To those who seek that out of Kava, give Bula Kava House's Nambawan medium grind root your fairness. It will not disappoint you. Back to the forest,

Bula!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Light color, nutty taste, squeeze lightly if your strainer holes are rather large like mine are, it seems to be a medium-fine grind. I believe if you cook the second wash it will turn green on the stovetop, try it!