What's new

Need help choosing what to order.

Blaze310

Hey all, first time here for me, I found Kava Europe here on the forum and I am ready to order some.. just not sure what is best for first time user like myself - the traditional kava or the kava instant quick shell that kavaeurope.eu offers? Any help would be much appreciated.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey all, first time here for me, I found Kava Europe here on the forum and I am ready to order some.. just not sure what is best for first time user like myself - the traditional kava or the kava instant quick shell that kavaeurope.eu offers? Any help would be much appreciated.
Howdy, welcome to kavaForums. It's often difficult to give advice to new drinkers on what to get, as our individual experiences will most always vary. My advice, read some threads and familiarize yourself with the forums, all the information you are looking for is already here. To get a sense of what to expect from different kava profiles or strains, visit the vendors we endorse on the home page, below Off Topic. In each vendors folder, you will find a sub thread called product reviews, each vendor has these and that is where you'll find member reviews. We have a lot of reviews and it should give you a pretty good idea what to expect from each kava.

Blaze310

Hey, thanks for answering. What I really want to know is, and I failed to express in my original post, what is the easiest way to prepare the drink. As for the strains and all that, I'm sure I'll get to that later in my experimenting. Nice of you to show me around though, much obliged.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey, thanks for answering. What I really want to know is, and I failed to express in my original post, what is the easiest way to prepare the drink. As for the strains and all that, I'm sure I'll get to that later in my experimenting. Nice of you to show me around though, much obliged.
Instant kava is the easiest but most costly, with instant you just mix a tablespoon with 8oz of water or juice and you're all set. Probably 90% of us use medium grind, also not difficult to prepare if you have the right tools. All you need is 75 micron strainer (chk Amazon) and some form of deep bowl, like a salad bowl. Plenty of threads on the how to's. it's about three times cheaper than instant kava. Those are your basic options. Don't bother with extracts, they are ALL worthless; with short lived effects, at best!

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
If you are limited to Kava Europe products, I would go for the med grind - the taste & consistency is better with a well strained med grind than instant. Also, I wouldnt bother with anything less than the 500g bag if you have the funds - cheaper kava and cheaper postage than buying in 100g and 200g increments.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I recommend getting medium grind... On your second order. I started with a micronized and I think it's nice to get a little familiar with kava before you decide to buy a whole setup and invest the time into making it. That way you can begin to appreciate it and make a decision on whether you want to become a regular drinker and go the medium grind route or would prefer to just keep a little instant around for every once in a while.

Blaze310

I recommend getting medium grind... On your second order. I started with a micronized and I think it's nice to get a little familiar with kava before you decide to buy a whole setup and invest the time into making it. That way you can begin to appreciate it and make a decision on whether you want to become a regular drinker and go the medium grind route or would prefer to just keep a little instant around for every once in a while.
I will look into it. Thanks